account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

GPS problem, not any signal!

One time poster
Message 101 of 106
Message 101 of 106

Re: GPS problem, not any signal!

If you go to any forum, you have to abide by its rules.

You can give your opinion, you can say "This phone was bad in these areas, this is why", however, you can't go "this phone was bad in these ways, however, this other companies handset does it much better", as that is advertising.

One time poster
Message 102 of 106
Message 102 of 106

I had the same problem and also the compass wasn't working. I use the Gingerbread version that came with the phone.

I used the suggested app GPS Fix I read about here and after that GPS Test and GPS Status began fixing satellites and the compass worked.

I compared with my earlier SE LwWalkman and they find and fix around the same number of satellites, although not the same ones. With the LWW I never had to use GPS Fix, so I am still not sure of the quality of the Xperia U GPS. I shall make more tests.

One thing is remarkable: the compasses in each phone point consistently to different Norths, I am not sure which one is right.

One time poster
Message 103 of 106
Message 103 of 106

It does depend on the orientation of the phone and interference from outside sources. Compasses can sometime be inaccurate.

One time poster
Message 104 of 106
Message 104 of 106

One time poster
Message 105 of 106
Message 105 of 106

I'm having this problem, without data connection my GPS don't find me and it's impossible to use google maps or navigation.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 106 of 106
Message 106 of 106

I found  the solution to my issues with GPS, and it is now finally working perfectly.

Check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/486731#486731