account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

GPS Diagnostic (Forever Starting GPS)

Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

GPS Diagnostic (Forever Starting GPS)

I dont know if theres something wrong in my phone but the diagnostic is stucked at the Starting GPS at the diagnostic tool of my device.

But I tried using google map and it identifies my location accurately.

My question is if there is a problem in my device? 

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: GPS Diagnostic (Forever Starting GPS)

@Jeff14

As long as the GPS work. Which android version and build number do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

23.1.A.1.28

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Jeff14

Tested a Z3 running the same update but the GPS work just fine (test and maps)

Perhaps someone else with a Z3 compact could test this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Same problem here.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

GPS Diagnostics Faild

When i try the Diagnostics App to check if GPS is working fine i didnt recieved any answer!
But its work perfect when i am using it!
Whats the problem?!
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

There is a problem.

If you look at hte front of your phone closely you will see that it has 4 letters at the top, just above the screen, that gives you a hint as to what it is

Seriously tho, I have the same problem with my wife's z3 compact, where GPS works for a bit, then jumps all over the place if you leave it on for a while and when I try in diagnostics it just constantly says "starting GPS" and nothing more.

The re-install firmware response then silence is all that you'll hear from these people tho.