account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Front camera won't focus properly

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Front camera won't focus properly

HI guys. I need help. One day my front camera decided to not work. It means that it focus only near objects and doesn't take the normal photo. What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Front camera HELP

When trying to take a photo with front camera, any error messages?
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Diegonida

Does the phone has a protective case, film, glass? if it does, remove it and check again

also look if the camera its dirty or has scratches 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

No its not dirty or it has any scratch. And any message appears. Only that. The rear camera works perfectly. But the front... Don't. Don't know what do I have to do.
@uliwooly @FrontierGate
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Diegonida,

Can you try clearing data for the Camera app and see if you notice any difference after doing so?
You can clear data for the Camera app if you go to Settings > Apps > All > Camera > Clear data. Doing so will not delete any of your pictures.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.