account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Front Camera Problem :/

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Front Camera Problem :/

I've ran into a problem with my front camera being really blurry to the point where you can't see anything. I think the problem is that it doesn't want to focus as you can see the little dirty marks really clearly but they show up in front whilst everything else is blurred out. As far as I know, this only came about with the 5.1.1 update. I have used the Sony PC Companion software repair option but that did nothing. I've also factory resetted it a few times as well. My next option is to try a custom ROM to see if that repairs it but before I go ahead with unlocking my bootloader and all that jazz, I would like some advice on the problem and maybe you can identify a way to fix it. I need it fixed ASAP, as I can't live without Snapchat! Face with stuck-out Tongue

Here, you can see the problem with these pictures. DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Front Camera Problem :/

@OhDamyam

That might be a hardware issue, contact your Local support to get it inspected, assuming that there's nothing blocking the front facing camera or scratches on the lens

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

I agree with uliwooly, this seems related to hardware. And since you've tried a software repair/factory reset without success, I also suggest that you visit a service center to have the phone examined by a technician.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I didn't expect such fast replies o:
Anyways
Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Anyways, I tried a custom ROM but got nowhere so I've decided to order a new camera and im going to repair it myself as its a lot cheaper. Appreciate the replies. Thank you
Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@OhDamyam

Anytime

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/15/xperia-z1-disassembly-guide/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)