account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

From z1 to z3 or iphone 6?

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

From z1 to z3 or iphone 6?

Hi all,

first of all no hate intended here. I just want to know what will be the pros and cons if I choose the iphone 6 over the z3 and vice versa. I know that z4 is already coming out soon but I wanted to change my daily driver. I've used all Sony's flagships since 2010 and just skipped z2 and z3 since both are minor updates only in processing power

Will it be wise to jump to ip6 or just get the z3 instead? any opinions? Thanks a lot.
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: From z1 to z3 or iphone 6?

Simple answer, get the Z3 or wait for the Z4. 

A bit more objective answer. 

Go to the store and compare both phones, how they feel on your hand, camera, screen, weight, etc. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

http://www.phonedog.com/videos/12-reasons-why-xperia-z3-better-iphone-6-plus

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

1.iPhone 6 bad battery life only rated as average Z3 rated as excellent... 2 Look at the forums regarding iphone 6.3 You are stuck with whatever version of IOS after 3 years.Z3 you can root when Sony ends support
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Sorry but iPhone 6 is an insult to the sheep that bought it,
750p screen in the age of 1440p coming through
Low ram
A cpu that is almost guaranteed to be slow in 2 years.
Limited Bluetooth and nfc usage.
And at the highest price?

I think the last android flagship to be released with a comparable screen was galaxy s3!
Unless of course you go with the plus, which like for like is kicked to crap by android 1440p phablets for less money.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Info regarding the Xperia Z3, iphones and other Androids

All bow to the new endurance king: Sony Xperia Z3 scores a record battery life for its category

http://www.phonearena.com/news/All-bow-to-the-new-endurance-king-Sony-Xperia-Z3-scores-a-record-batt...

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

Z3 has 801 chipset and 801?supports quick charging. How come does the z3 charge from 0 to 100 for 3hrs same with my z1?
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Qualcomm-Quick-Charge-2-0-for-UK-Z3C/td-p/894635/hig...

@Rickard has posted this before

We forwarded this internally for more information some time ago and the information i got is that Z3 Compact does support Quick Charge 2.0. The following Xperia devices supports Quick Charge 2.0:

Xperia™ Z3 CompactXperia™ Z3 Tablet CompactXperia™ Z2 TabletXperia™ Z3 (only Japanese variants SO-01G, SOL26 and 401SO)Xperia™ Z2 (only Japanese variant SO-03F)

Of our docking stations, only DK48 supports it.

But i don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger so i haven't been able to test how much faster it will charge.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

So the magnetic charging dock that comes with the z3 will not utilize the quick charge if the charger itself is not a quick charger right? So the charger inside the box is just a normal one?
Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

It's a regular charger.