account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Formating SD Card

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Formating SD Card

Hi all,

I have looked on the forum for the Z2 area and google I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.

I bought a 64gb Sandisk Ultra card. I have formatted it using the Z2 phone. Whenever I try to put large quantity of files on the phone such as audio, it seems to corrupt and have trouble transfering the data. It transfers but doesn't play.

Does the Z2 support NTFS format on on a 64gb card or is this not possible?

I have tried using the sony software to file transfer but this will take so long to do, compared to a simple drag and drop. So i am looking for simplicity and not longtivity (except for the phone lasting as long as possible).

I love my phone but this SD card is the centre of it as I want to store music and also my holiday pics which I am unable to do. Slightly frowning Face

Any help will be great.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Formating SD Card

dowload media go via pc companion on your device and use it to manage media files on your phone 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

ensure that you formate sc card in the z2 by erasing sd card option in the storage option

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

I have media go on my laptop however 4gb takes over an hour to transfer, I have 40gb I want to transfer already, hence why I want to avoid using the software and ideally drag and drop as it takes alot quicker than the media go software.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Your memory card might be a fake?
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The card cannot be formatted NTFS because Android does not support it.You can try to format FAT32 or exFAT ( I am not sure the latter will work as planned).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

your only solution is to use media go draging and dropping wouldn't make it play might take time but has to be done via media go it might say it's gonna take time but once you leave it it gets faster.