account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Folder of photos on home screen.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Folder of photos on home screen.

Is it possible to make a folder on the home screen and add certain photos to it that are already on my phone? I want to do this because there are certain photos I keep on my phone that I regularly access. I've tried to make them 'favourites' which can be quickly accessed through the 'album' menu, but for some reason, any photos I add to favourites by clicking on the star icon, get removed and I have to go back through my photos on a regular basis and add them to favourites again. I don't know why they keep being removed from favourites.
So I want a folder, with my favourite photos that I can quickly access from my home screen. Can it be done?
11 REPLIES 11
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Folder of photos on home screen.

Where are you storing the pictures? On an sd card or on the internal storage?

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Do you have a clean master, Antivirus, taskillers apps?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Don't think that's possible by default. Folders can be made within file commander app for general files but in the home screen only apps can be added,as far as I remember. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Yeah AVG
Adept
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Keep them on SD Card.
Adept
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Just wanted to know if there's an app that would do this?
Sage
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

There is a default gallery widget which can be added to homescreen. But as far as I know there is no such launchers that can add photos to a folder.
Adept
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I've found a way. There's an app called shortcut on Google apps. It adds a shortcut option to a file share menu. Eg, on a photo, open the share menu, press file shortcut, gives you a few options to rename, destination and add an icon. It then adds a shortcut to the home screen. These shortcuts can then all be put in a folder in the usual way by dragging them together. Sorted but thanks anyway everyone.
Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Boot on safe mode and uninstall AVG then select the pictures that you want to favorite and check again for few hours

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)