account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Flashing screen

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Flashing screen

Hi,

Today I decided to take my phone info our set-up Pool. After all, my Z5 premium should be waterproof. But when I got out of the pool, it didnt respond. So I rebooted it (Power button + volume up) and when it came back it didnt respond to touch. Then I rebooted it again and when it got to the login screen it finally responded.

But it screen is flickering ever since. This happens randomly. It happens with autobrightness on and off.

Anyone knows the answer to my problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flashing screen

@fl1pperkast

The Xperia Z5 Premium it's water resistant, salt and/or chlorinated water will damage the rubber seals, contact your Local support and request a vacuum test, that will prove who is at fault, if either you have a defective unit OR if you didn't close the cover and / or if there are cracks and/or physical damage to the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply. Since my Z5 has only one cover (sim and sd bracket) this then should be the only think to worry about. And it was closed at the time. I just figured out the vibration also stopped working.

Next monday I will try to arrange this vacumtest.
Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Well.. my screen just died..