account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Find My Phone - Sound

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Find My Phone - Sound

Hi I though I may have lost my phone, so I attempted to use the find my phone on my xperia, works great except if no one is actually playing with the phone, ie. the lock screen hasn't been brought uo since the phone was "lost" also it would probably be a good idea to have a sound actually play when the sound alert is actually activated, something to override the fact the phone may be on silent. I gather if you can override the pin code on the lock screen, you can probably override whatever sound settings are currently configured on the phone to play an alert at max volume and vibrate. (since my phone was on silent, I got no noise from it nor did it vibrate)

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Find My Phone - Sound

Try this 

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)