account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Few issues on my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

BMC
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Few issues on my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

I purchased my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual in March 2016. Overall, I am happy with it. However, recently I experience the below on my device.

1) Devise automatically restart after taken picture via camera.

2) The lower part of touchscreen did not response for 1-2 minutes after taken picture via camera or when plugged it for charging with original Sony charger that comes with device.

3) Pursuant to No. 2 above, sometimes I failed to answer incoming call as the lower part of touchscreen did not response.

4) Now, the original Sony charger is not functioning.

May I know are these issues cover under Sony warranty service? If yes, is it possible for me to request 1 to 1 device & charger exchange from the shop that I purchased from?

6 REPLIES 6
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Few issues on my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

Check if the touchscreen is working.

1. Settings
2. About phone
3. Diagnostics
4. Test
5. Test touchscreen
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Use Sony Xperia Companion to repair your Z5.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Follow the above suggestions, only your Local support can answer warranty questions as this is a global user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

BMC
Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Tested.. everything passed. What is the real issue then Worried Face

BMC
Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps, I was trying my luck and see whether there is a person who had similar issues then share with me his/her experience. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I'm looking for some explanation,  or a way to fix it, don't have the same problem with the camera, but with the touchscreen I do, not only the lower part of the screen is unresponsive, also when writing, starts to behave badly, using several keys. 

When using any app, camera or whatever,  starts to heat up, and screen starts to be unresponsive,  have to lock and unlock to finish what I was doing.

In any forum, they will give you the same reasons,  same steps, but actually,  the phone is broken, heats alot and doesn't work. that's the real reason,  no update fixes that. we have a broken phone, any app will heat up my phone and if I need to use the screen,  it doesn't work. I'm really unsatisfied with Sony, I have a z2 tablet that works fine, a dead Z3+ from water splash,  and a z5 that doesn't work like it should have. this problem is getting worse every day!