account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Regular
Message 161 of 173
Message 161 of 173

Re: Feedback: Lollipop on Z3 / Z3 Compact

This update is rubbish. Am reverting asap back to kit Kat. I am sure children love garish colours. Adults don't. It's rubbish.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 162 of 173
Message 162 of 173

My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

Hi everyone, I'm a complete newbie from the "dark side of the Iphone" camp.  Can anyone help?  I'm on my THIRD Z3 from EE due to overheating issues and battery life not being what it's claiming to be.  Baring in mind that these are brand new phones, straight out of the box I am not installing any apps, just testing on the AR Fun on the camera and taking pictures (this is the prime offender).  I love this phone, but at the moment it's a massive downgrade from the Iphone 5 and that battery was useless!  I know there are a few posts showing using PC companion but I can't see that this would show any issues as there's nothing on the actual phones.  It is running 5.0.2 apparently....

thanks

Message 163 of 173
Message 163 of 173

Re: My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

Battery drain will settle after a few days of usage, and for overheating: AR is a heavy app for resources, it uses the processer, GPU, RAM, and camera module at the same time and it's normal to get the phone warm, and even hot, when using AR for more than a couple of minutes.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 164 of 173
Message 164 of 173

Re: My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

thank you for putting my mind at rest.  I was worried I was being too hard on the battery life by expecting too much.  I will stick with it as I love it.  Thanks again.

One time poster
Message 165 of 173
Message 165 of 173

Re: no Cyrillic letters on dial pad

Same on my Xperia ZR. Found a solution with third-party app and giving admin privilegies, but I dont want to use it. Prefer to stay with clear OS.

Hey, Sony! What is going on?

Adviser
Message 166 of 173
Message 166 of 173

No Cyrillic letters on dial pad

Since I updated to 5.0.2 I've lost Cyrillic letters on dial pad. It is supposed to look like the Russian dial pad. Plus make something with the next update.
One time poster
Message 167 of 173
Message 167 of 173

Problem after updating

My phone don't ring when anyone call me.. The problem apear after updating
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 168 of 173
Message 168 of 173

Re: Problem after updating

Have you made sure the phone had not been put on silent mode?

If it's not on silent mode and still doesn't ring, you can try to reinstall the update using
using Sony PC Companion.

http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Enthusiast
Message 169 of 173
Message 169 of 173

Re: Problem after updating

Been on lollipop. 5.1.....seems good overall but these major issues needs serous attention--

These are the issue which need to be resolved in next update--

1. In messaging, it takes time to delete even a single message. Takes 3-4 seconds.
  2. In Albums, the edit image option now requires to downloads all the image editing stuff....ridiculous!! Whats the logic??
  3. Photos, well the whole app needs to be downloaded.......again ridiculous!!! Is it any logic?? (wont we download any 3rd party app if we have to download Sony's own apps???)
  4. Manual camera settings is made available to Z3+ but not to Z3......well even more pathetic!!!
  5. Alongwith RAW support,  Manual camera settings should be made available.
  6. Most importantly:-- Sony hasnt yet resolved their Camera software issues which FAILS to capture/recognize Red color or objects properly. Sony we arent intrested in Pink so correct this for sure as its a basic necessity.
  7. Encrypting the phone and sd card causes problems when rebooting. Phone crashes during each reboot then forces application optimisation cycle and this takes 10-20 min.
-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
Adept
Message 170 of 173
Message 170 of 173

Re: Feedback: Lollipop on Z3 / Z3 Compact

Errrr add to the list one big problem in that encrypting the phone and sd card causes problems when rebooting. Phone crashes during each reboot then forces application optimisation cycle and this takes 10-20 mins