account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fast discharge Xperia z5

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Fast discharge Xperia z5

I just bought my phone yesterday and drained the battery until its only 5% then charged it. When I turned the phone on this morning, it is still 100%. However, this afternoon it is only 20%. I was expecting that the charge will last till tomorrow because that is what Sony claims to be the span of use. I am worried that my phone is defective.

I also noticed that my phone becomes hot when I download apps. What could be the problem? Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fast discharge Xperia z5

Hi,

The battery time depends on the configuration of the device and also which apps that may be active in the background. Since the phone is new, I suggest that you charge the phone often since it can take some time before the phone settles its battery usage. You can also go to Settings > Power management > Battery usage to see what apps/functions that consumes most battery. This list shows what the consumption is since the last charge, so take a look at the list when you have around 5% battery left.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fast discharge Xperia z5

The Z5 has by nature, a strong appetite for energy. You've got to have the auxiliary Stamina always on to avoid second plan activities like the social networks feeds actualizations or games notifications. With mine, charging while it's off, it takes 3 hours to get 100% battery, when I turn it on I can discharge it full in the same 3 hours of usage! The Snapdragon 810 is a battery killer unfortunately and the 2900 ma battery doesn't help, even the Z2 lasted almost 2 times more than Z5.

You've got to setting up the pho e very carefully ☺ cheers