account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Facebook sync issues after ICS update

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Facebook sync issues after ICS update

I've been facing few issues ever since I got my NeoV upgraded to ICS 4.0.3    
1. Facebook sync was draining battery; when I went to battery usage section it said Facebook sync used 98%. It had downloaded over 200MB.  In 20Mins my fully charged phone went to 4% and phone was terribly heated up.   
2. Calendar widget does not show Facebook calendar items. But Calendar app shows all tasks and other items.  
3. Phonebook does not sync with Facebook Inside Xperia properly, though it shows Facebook profile and photo tabs on the contact it does not show contact picture.    
I have almost tried everything possible what I know to fix this Facebook account was removed and readded to sync again. Facebook Integration was disabled and enabled. Repaired the phone using Update Service.  Got upgrade to ICS 4.0.4, Still no go. Finally did a phone repair again, selected Factory Reset option..issues persist.
I currently got Facebook Integration disabled and Facebook sync disabled to to ensure smooth working of my phone. Could anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Facebook sync issues after ICS update

I haven't noticed this as any general problem but it would be interesting to see if the same problems appear using another Facebook account. Do you do the sync using 3G or Wi-Fi?

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I use EDGE/3G on my phone. Unfortunately I have just one facebook account.
Perhaps I'm not the only person who have experienced the same problem.
check this thread 
talk.sonymobile.com/message/214515

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

hey hi... i am also facing the exact same problem of battery drain and excess data download.. Sony please do something about it

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi Johan,

I am also facing same problem.

Even if I ForceStop this process.

It autmomatically starts and continuesly keeps synchronyzing.

I have kept settings for sync'ing Calendar as well as contacts.

When I go to apps > procees > facebook calendar > settings, it shows sync symbol on Calendar.

I have set gmail, Box accounts as well but when I check the deatils it shows sync'ing symbol in front of facebook calendar and contacts only.

I have xperia pro and I have tried using Edge and 3G both.

I have to charge my phone in every 4 hours.

Please look into this issue and privde fix asap.

Or let us know the alternative for the same.

But I cannot disable sync'ing coz my all contacts and clendars are either in gmail or facebook.