account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Facebook birthdays not showing up/ correctly

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Facebook birthdays not showing up/ correctly

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I've just missed something here but Facebook birthdays on the calendar app are either not showing at all or have been placed on the wrong day.

E.g 1, I have two birthdays on 16 Oct but they are showing on 17 Oct. (I am in Sydney, Australia so Facebook will show 16 Oct but because of the time difference to the US, I see it in my FB feed the next day).

E.g 2, I had two birthdays on 14 Oct that did not show in my calendar at all.

E.g 3, Facebook birthdays do not show in my agenda widget.

E.g 4, Facebook events are not shown in the calendar at all.

I have just moved to Sony from A Samsung phone, whose standard calendar has all these features, which are incredibly convenient! Is it an issue with the Xperia with Facebook account?

P.s. I have tried using Google calendar and this did not fix the problem..

Please help?!

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Facebook birthdays not showing up/ correctly

That seems to be more of a facebook issue than Sony or Google's calendar, my suggestion, try another calendar and check again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks uliwooly; I've tried Go Calendar, Calendar Widget, DigiCal and Business Calendar.. The last two I used with my Samsung and the events were shown.. My gut feel is still the Facebook with Sony account.

Does this work properly for you though? Thanks
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I don't use Xperia w/ facebook nor Xperia w/ twitter just regular FB and Twitter, but as for the calendar not showing the proper facebook dates, I still think it has to do with facebook 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

With the Z1 compact, I don't think it is possible to just have normal FB account, in that you can't select to show FB events in the calendar.. Am I missing something though?

I just checked FB and the Xperia app link settings - there is nothing there that helps.