account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Facebook Video Playback

Visitor
Message 1 of 177
Message 1 of 177

Facebook Video Playback

I cant watch a whole video on Facebook on my Z2, for some reason it throws out an error. 

Plus within 10min of using the phone it gets really hot. 

I havent tested out the waterproof factor yet as i think i have a dud phone.. 

Any help on the video issue would be great..

176 REPLIES 176
Message 2 of 177
Message 2 of 177

Re: Facebook Video Playback

Try settings-apps-all-facebook,clear data.Log in again and see how it is.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 177
Message 3 of 177

I have the same problem with my Z2.

Some videos on facebook will end with an unknown error immediately, while others will be played for about 15 seconds before the error occurs and an error message with an unknown error is displayed.

I've tried to clear data in the app, but it has not solved the problem.

What else can you do?

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 177
Message 4 of 177

Me too! Same problem. Never had a phone with so many problems.
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 177
Message 5 of 177

Do you have any problems playing videos with any other applications/sites such as Youtube? If not then please clear the data from the Facebook application as below and then check for any updates to the application via the Playstore:

Main Menu > Settings > Apps > Facebook > Clear data.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 6 of 177
Message 6 of 177

Videos works fine with the YouTube app. There's only problems playing videos posted on Facebook.
I have tried clearing the data several times, but the problem keeps coming back.
It is only the Facebook videos that causes problems, and it is pretty annoying that I can't see the videos that my friends are posting.
All my apps are fully updated, but I still can't see the videos on Facebook.
I'm beginning to think that the Z2 is a **bleep**ty phone.
One time poster
Message 7 of 177
Message 7 of 177

Sony please solve this issue! **bleep** I'm loving this phone z2 the mine but I get stress while watching a Fb video because I'm unable to tell if I'll be able to finish watching it
Apprentice
Message 8 of 177
Message 8 of 177

Mine is working well with youtube videos as well, but not with facebook..

Could it be something wrong with the Facebook app?

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 177
Message 9 of 177

Almost everytime I play video on my z1 and z2 will hit this problem and the video stop @@

Sony Xperia Z2 lollipop
Androird Ver 5.0.2
Build Number 23.1.A.1.128
One time poster
Message 10 of 177
Message 10 of 177

Hello everyone, I have same problem, to clear data works just for that time, everyday same problem again, sometimes my wallpaper dissappear as well, not sure its hardware problem or just software issues? Thanks