account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

FM Radio bug report

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

FM Radio bug report

Hi guys! Noticed a new bug with FM Radio...

1. Open FM Radio app and listen to any station.

2. Ask someone to send you a text message.

3. Upon recieving the text message on your phone the FM Radio app suddenly stops for a moment then in a split second bursts your eardrum because it resumes the FM Radio to max volume.

Slightly frowning Face Hope sony would address this issue soon. It's an ear shattering bug.

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: FM Radio bug report

I have the same issue with radio or when using the Walkman.  If I get any notification for msm or e-mail, or even eBay, the volume goes up to full.

The only way to work around it is to turn the radio off and back on again.  Such a pain!

Come on Sony, when can we expect a solution?

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: FM Radio bug report

I agree and guess what this is not an isolated case. Xperia Z, Z1, Z1 Compact, Z2 from Jellybean to Kitkat have this issue! Although I already fixed mine by decompiling and modifying the FM Radio app since I'm rooted anyways.

Anyways if staffs here in the forum do really report bugs on sony itself here's the cause of the issue...

In AudioHandler.java located in com/sonyericsson/fmradio/service/

AudioHandler.this.mCurrentState.focusLost(AudioHandler.this.mStateContext, false);
} while (AudioHandler.this.mListener == null);
AudioHandler.this.mListener.onAudioFocusLost();
return;
case -2: 
AudioHandler.this.mCurrentState.focusLost(AudioHandler.this.mStateContext, false);
return;
}
AudioHandler.this.mCurrentState.focusLost(AudioHandler.this.mStateContext, true);
}
};

You need to set that highlighted part in the code snippet to false to fix this issue. Losing focus when you recieve a notification confuses the android audio manager  hence breaking the volume setup and of course our eardrums.

Hope this gets fixed though since sony here is already being spoonfed by info on how to fix it.

I'm posting it here because whenever I email this kind of posts in sony support I get irrelevant answers which really doesn't make sense(like suggesting a safe mode, factory reset, or flash using PCC). I mean I already said that I have done those on my first mail why still insist on trying it on their replies? Then the next mail I get is telling me to send it to our nearest sony service center. LOL! I litterally pointed out the bug and said that it's happening on any device. As if they could fix it themselves.