account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

FM RADIO activates MIC!

Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

FM RADIO activates MIC!

How can we run "Track ID" from FM Radio if FM Radio OCCUPIES THE MIC!!!

When I got this phone NEW, i could run Shazam, or Track ID on FM radio. In fact, FM RADIO app has a TRACK ID option within the Menu so please don't tell me it's not meant to be done!! (The radio  is NOT a s/w radio but a real radio in the phone...requires headphones to be plugged in as antenna)

However, Everytime I try to Track ID some FM song, Track ID complains that "Some app is using the mic" and it won't work.

well.....the FM RADIO app ITSELF is activating and occupying the MIC!!! How lame!

WHY FM RADIO needs use the mic?

FM RADIO APP v. 3.0.A.0.8

Android 4.0.4

Build 6.1.1.B.1.54

Can someone help? This used to work earlier but some update has ruined it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: FM RADIO activates MIC!

Maybe OK Google voice detection causes a problem.

Open Google Now-long press the home button

Go to Settings-slide your finger left to right

Go to Voice Detection and uncheck the appropriate options.

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: FM RADIO activates MIC!

Thanks dynamicbio, it worked!