account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

F3111 Bluetooth Audio Bug.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

F3111 Bluetooth Audio Bug.

When connecting my Xperia XA via USB to my car, everything is fine - I can browse internal files/SD card through the car HUD and pick out the songs I want, same works over bluetooth on my work iPhone.

However when connected over bluetooth, playing songs and browsing media is not working at all. The Car/Phone pair succesfully, I can use the dialler/contacts, but I can't browse my media, or select songs to play. (Bluetooth setting to share media is enabled).

If I initiate a song on my phone using ES File Explorers built in media player the car does pick up the audio but with no track information available. I don't really want to use my phone to pick songs while driving either.

What can I do to get the same results on Bluetooth as USB? It feels like a permission needs to be granted to expose the files through bluetooth. It seems all other devices and platforms work, making my XA quite replaceable here.

Xperia XA is stock OOTB 6.0
Model: F3111

Car: BMW 1 Series 2015.

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: F3111 Bluetooth Audio Bug.

could you test it in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: F3111 Bluetooth Audio Bug.

No difference Slightly frowning Face

Thanks.