account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Extremely low incall volume

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Extremely low incall volume

I have a 2 month z3 compact  which is a job telephone.  The problem is that the incall volume is extremely low.  I have to lock myself in a room and I have to listen very intently to hear the other party.  I talked to sony support and they gave me instructions to reintall ht eOS but it was just a waste of time as the problem persists.  Do I have a faulty device?

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Extremely low incall volume

When in a call have you tried pressing the volume key? If you think your device is faulty and needs inspecting then you need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

You might have slow talk enabled. Or microphone noise suppression.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Microphone sensitivity is set to auto.

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Yes, I pressed the volume key and the bar is always at the maximum.

Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I read somewhere jus now that one may need to increase the mid in the equalizer.  I have done that but have not made any call yet.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

It's just plain rubbish for this.
So many people complaining about it
I'm migrating back as I'm inside fourteen days and going back to galaxy

Tab the coverage service wise is crappie too.
Naff phone.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem - it just happened yesterday.

Did you find a solution?

Volume is fine on headphones which suggests it's something with speakers..?