account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Exchange Email problem

Rookie
Message 21 of 102
Message 21 of 102

Re: Exchange Email problem

After waiting for a fix for 3 weeks and since all other Android , IOS, Widows and Blackberry phones work fine with our servers I came up with the best solution: Selling the Sony phones i bought for my company (also the Z Ultra has the same issue with one staff member)  today and replacing them with Samsung devices. Shame on Sony support. Never another Sony again and I am forwarding my review to all the Tech media channels. Thank you 

Apprentice
Message 22 of 102
Message 22 of 102

Hi,

I also have this problem and its not just limited to non-Microsoft servers as it happens on Outlook.com!

My corporate email account and outlook.com both setup as exchange/activesync accounts exhibit the following behavior:

Local emails or emails stored on the phone are ok but if you do a search the server results come back as all blank. Headers and attachments can be seen but the email body is blank?

Any ideas?

Learner
Message 23 of 102
Message 23 of 102

Hi all,

I use since many years...Zimbra+Zpush with my succesive phones...

Since IOS 5 to 7 and Android 2.3 to 4.3 ...no problem.

I was thinking that my Zpush and Zimbra backend was to old so upgrade it to Zpush 2.1 and backend 57...

Same result, my Xperia Z Ultra synchronize contact/calendar and mail correctly except it don't show the content of the email...

I have tested again with my "old" phone under android 4.3 and it's working great...!

So, Sony what can I do except exchange my phone to another brand at my reseller ?

I hope you will answer that you will remove this bug from Exchange Active Sync...

Else I will be in the position to make your reputation and never buy a smartphone at this price without support!!!

Regards

work in the right way wiht your customers.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 24 of 102
Message 24 of 102

Our developers have also contacted the Mdaemon company and pointed to this issue so they should be aware of this.

We are not saying that all other phones are faulty but there are different implementations and versions of the protocol which is why this doesn't happen with all devices but we do have to follow the Microsoft specification here to have full support for S/MIME.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 25 of 102
Message 25 of 102

Hi,

Thanks for the answer which is not solving my problem.

I was talking about Zimbra+Z-Push from Zarafa.

This solution is working great with all my phone except Sony Z Ultra.

That's all I can see.

If you integrate the Google Android applications/OS (4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4?) as Google do on his firmware you can perhaps solve this problem...since all others android phones seems to work correctly with compatible EAS (Exchange Active Sync) like Z-push.

I'm waiting more implication on this support since I don't buy a phone to act as a slide show tablet...instead I will put it back to the reseller before the legal 7 day after sell. 

You're all right? If not say it now.

Regards,

Apprentice
Message 26 of 102
Message 26 of 102

Hi, as stated above my problem is not with mdaemon but with a ms exchange server and also via outlook.com set up as an activesync account. If I set the outlook account up via imap the search results are returned correctly.

Can you please advise?
Learner
Message 27 of 102
Message 27 of 102

Hi Rickard,

If nothing has hope to change since today, I will get back the phone tomorrow to my reseller.

Regards.

Learner
Message 28 of 102
Message 28 of 102

NOBODY ANSWERING HERE?

OK MY DECISION IS TAKEN, MY PHONE WILL BE BACK TO THE RESELLER.

YOU WILL BE MY FIRST OBJECTIVE FOR SMARTPHONE ADVERTISING : NEVER BUY A SONY !!!

THEY ARE NOT COMPLIANT WITH GOOGLE ANDROID AND THE SUPPORT IS SO BAD.

I HAVE MANY CUSTOMERS WHICH ASK ME REGULARLY WHICH PHONE TO BUY....SO DON'T ACT!

NO REGARDS.

I was buying a smartphone not a camera...

Regular
Message 29 of 102
Message 29 of 102

Hello

I have the same problem with my Exchange mail account.
I use the standard Android "Mail" app that is preinstalled on the Sony Xperia Z1.

With my other devices, Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Z Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia SP, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, etc., it works fine.
Only the Sony Xperia Z1 there are problems.

It loads perfectly all e-mails and show me all header data. I open one of these emails, the contents of the email, however, is empty.

regards,
Frank

Viele Grüße / best regards,
Frank
Sony Xperia Support
Message 30 of 102
Message 30 of 102

Sorry to hear that you're planning on returning your phone.

Unfortunately we have only received a test account on an Mdaemon server (thanks again Fjeld). While the problem with Zimbra sounds like the same issue it would be great if you someone of you could provide a test account for Zimbra so that i can forward this for further investigation as well.

I will of course forward your feedback but from what i've been able to find (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34374 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Exchange_ActiveSync_clients) the default client in Android does not support S/MIME. As i understand the information from our development the issue here is that we have added support for S/MIME according to Microsofts specification and this is not handled by the server.

@degsyh

I can replicate this with an Outlook.com account but this looks like another issue then the one discussed here. There's no error message and only happens when using server search. It also happens on other devices and ActiveSync clients i test. I'll forward it though but also try using the Outlook.com app from Microsoft.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.