account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Error: Unfortunately, Camera has stopped (Xperia arc)

One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

I m having Sony xperia arc handset purchased on April 2011. Updated it to android 4.0 around May 2012. All the time everything worked fine but since 3days the camera is not working. it is giving the error: Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.

I have tried everything a sony agent told me online. Cleared its data and rebooted, cleared google data and finally factory reset also i hv done. Nothing has worked out. Please share me a solution

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Error: Unfortunately, Camera has stopped (Xperia arc)

repair it with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

no the updation also not worked, finally i submitted my mobile to sony service station.

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

so it was a hardware problem

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

So what is the issue then?

I asked because I am also facing this problem.  I thought it was a ICS 587 problem.  Downgraded to GB and it occurs VERY much lesser but still does.

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

apologies for replying so late.

my sony mobile couldn't repaired at the sony service station also. they have stated the problem is with the motherboard and i have to replace it in order to get back the camera to work. the motherboard is everything for a mobile and they also said it will cost me merely 4/5 thousand less then my mobile price. so i didnt opt for changing the motherboard of my mobile.

spme ppl said the different kinds of applications available at android market which uses the camera may cause the damage. anyways whatever the reason may be, now the question is can it be repaired without changing the motherboard??

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

apologies for replying so late.

my sony mobile couldn't repaired at the sony service station also. they have stated the problem is with the motherboard and i have to replace it in order to get back the camera to work. the motherboard is everything for a mobile and they also said it will cost me merely 4/5 thousand less then my mobile price. so i didnt opt for changing the motherboard of my mobile.

spme ppl said the different kinds of applications available at android market which uses the camera may cause the damage. anyways whatever the reason may be, now the question is can it be repaired without changing the motherboard??

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Unfortunately if an authorised repair agent has looked at the phone and believe it is the main board that needs replacing then unfortunately there is little else we can do.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I had the same problem too and i tried everything. i did factory reset, clear data and others but did not worked. What i did is i disable the camera, go to settings, apps, all then scroll down and disable the camera. after that turn-off, remove the battery and please turn it off overnight. The next day put the battery, turn it on, enable the camera then BOOM the camera works. i hope it will work for youSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

My Camera Sony Xperia Arc is not use.

Camera UNFORTUNATELT,CAMERA HAS STOPPED!!!

Why it,s???