account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Electric noise can be heard using Live with walkman with a head set

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 31 of 48
Message 31 of 48

Re: Electric noise can be heard using Live with walkman with a head set

any progress from the investigation? my build number is 12w02, maybe it could help.

anyone with the same build number?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 32 of 48
Message 32 of 48

I have the same problem! But the electric sound isn't the only problem: when I connect my Bose QuietComfort 15 I hear constantly (even when the screen is turned off/ phone connected to the charger) a loud thicking sound caused by the radio antenna. The loud thick disapears when I enable flightmode or I start playing music (but then I hear the electric noise). So I have 2 problems and after 2 months Sony still doesn't have any answers Slightly frowning Face.

Build number: 11W45

PS: please post ALWAYS your build number. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 33 of 48
Message 33 of 48

Hi! I tried listening to every genre of music in most silent places with minimum volume that I could barely hear the music, with the screen off/on and I noticed no electric sound whatsoever. The sound has always been extremely clear and crisp. Infact at lower volumes the sound is even much better than at high volumes (too loud, sharper treble). I have been listening to music using the original headphones that came packed with the phone(though they are no great. They cannot mask surrounding noise at all). I've tried a few headphones without the microphone. I have never noticed any electric noise on any of the headphones.

I bought my phone a few weeks ago, it's not been a month yet.

It came preinstalled with the latest firmware 0.62 .

Though the noise issue is a genuine problem, I somehow believe that it's not a problem with all the Live with Walkmans. So it rather seems to me as a faulty device which has the noise problem. It seems more of an hardware issue and the faulty phone, I suggest, should be taken to a service centre or Sony should replace these faulty devices

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 34 of 48
Message 34 of 48

Can you please tell me your buildnumber? It's located on the sticker unerneath your battery.

Thank you

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 35 of 48
Message 35 of 48

add another one to the list - had the phone since second week of march, annoying noise started straight away. Then a week later the sound began to cut out or fade or lose a channel (faulty jack i think as does it with all head sets we tried) so I took it in for repair - they replaced the head set, re set it - collected it today and now the hissing is WORSE lol. The jack issue is also worse, but it seems funny that the 'electronic noise' is worse now - it has graduated to actual hissing. Back to the shop i go...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 36 of 48
Message 36 of 48

Build numbers is what we need! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 37 of 48
Message 37 of 48

a few strings of numbers on the sticker - but someone above listed one with a W in it so...

11w41 - think thats mine

One time poster
Message 38 of 48
Message 38 of 48

no issues with my lww here is a colorfull video recorderd on my LWW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icfe-PphI8w&feature=plcp

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 39 of 48
Message 39 of 48

Are there any updates from the investigation? It has been 3 months, but the problem exists much longer!

I also noticed that we can't buy the phone anymore in local shops, so can we conclude that Sony knows that their are problems with it?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 40 of 48
Message 40 of 48

update....the noise is reduced by 90% for me when phone is plugged in to the wall or PC....must be a hardware thing.