account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Echo, sound quality, overheating, panorama picture, snapchat, smart band

Highlighted
JGr
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Echo, sound quality, overheating, panorama picture, snapchat, smart band

The Xperia Z2 has quality wise been a disappointment from the minute I got it. Still I am struggling with several issues;

1) Echo

It seems to me that I am not the only one here having the echo problem. So far I have not seen a solution to this. I currently use a headset to improve the situation.

--> Improved. Cannot hear echo using the latest version (17.1.2.A.0.314)

2) Sound quality

The sound quality of my phone is the worst I have heard in years. Is it ment to be this bad? What is the correct settings in order to receive "optimal sound quality" on standard phone calls? Using a headset helps quite much, but that cannot be the solution?

--> Still poor (17.1.2.A.0.314). Compared to an old iPhone I tested with, the sound is not clear. It includes a constant "knittering background noise" which makes it harder to hear what the other person is saying. This is especially annoying when in noisy areas.

3) Overheating

I understanding this is covered by multiple discussions, but I have yet to find a solution for it. During the month I have had the phone, I have been unable to take any photos on several occations due to overheating issue. Even videocall in poor quality make the phone quite hot. This cannot be what is to be expected of a high end phone like this?

-> Still poor (17.1.2.A.0.314). I am not able to take long 4K videos or several photos when the sun is out. It's not like its hot or anything, its just very sensitive.

4) Panorama picture

After using panorapa apps and build-in features on a couple of Androids, I have now found myself in a situation where I am just unable to take any. I am either to fast or too slow, even in daylight. Tried this on several occations in different spots, but I am still unable to take a single panoramic photo. Is it suppose to be this hard?

-> Still haven't figured this out. Seems unstable. Other apps works like a charm. I have stopped trying Sony's built-in panorama feature as I never get it to work. 

5) Snapchat

Snapchat has started failing. I though hope that that is a Snapchat error and not something to blame the Sony team for - or?

-> Works again with the newest version (17.1.2.A.0.314)

6) The coverage of the smart band

The coverage of the smart band is quite disappointing. I couldn't even move around in my 3 room appartment without loosing connection. Eventually, this forced me into disabling the "don't forget your phone-alert", as it triggered all the time.

-> Unchanged. Unsure of how well the sleep analyser works, but the step counter is very unprecise.

7) Immaturity; the smart band software

I like the idea of the smart band software, it just looks like Sony had to hurry to get it done, as the software is quite betaish and there are excuses everywhere pointing to better precision and features in later versions. I am not sure what I was to expect of the smart band, but it is for sure not among the best (compared to other competitors). In the future, make it more configurable and programmable (open API?). Then we would at least get the possibility to help you guys out of the mess.

The top three makes me want to return the phone, but I am still hoping to find a good solution. If not, I do not see any other option but to return it - I am not paying this much for a faulty phone. 

I really try to love my phone and become a "Sonyholic", but this phone is making it harder than I expected. 

Any ideas on how to solve these issues?

I believe I am following all guidelines. I see that Sony suggests that I contact support. I guess I'll do that. This is not what I expected of quality for a high-end model like this.

1 REPLY 1
Master
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Echo, sound quality, overheating, panorama picture, snapchat, smart band

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.