account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Earphone button works as power button!!!

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Earphone button works as power button!!!

I was listening to music on walkman. My phone was locked. I pressed earphone button to pause song and again I pressed it to play. After 1/2 or 1 min I did the same and now my phone's display is gone!! I tried power button, it didn't work. Again I pressed the earphone button and then I got the display now. It seemed that my phone was restarted!!

I repeated the procedure 3 times and got the same result. Those who have updated your phone, try this and please inform me if you have the same problem......

Feeling very disappointed. I didn't waited for this buggy update Slightly frowning Face

2 REPLIES 2
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Earphone button works as power button!!!

Sounds a bit odd. Is it a Sony original headset you are using or do you use a 3rd party headset?

Have you tried with different headsets and experienced the same behavior?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adept
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Earphone button works as power button!!!

Yes, it sounds odd. But, it truly happens. I'm using original earphone. And for you kind information, there wasn't any problem before updating.....

Today morning, after restarting my phone I openned Walkman and 5-8 seconds later display became black and restarted automatically. It happened 3 times then.

About every hour I'm experiencing new problems in this new version. It's a shame for a branded mobile phone like SONY. Everybody is talking about problems. I'm totally disappointed.............