account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dust under my Xperia Go screen!

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Dust under my Xperia Go screen!

Just 9 days after the purchase of a Sony Xperia Go, a dust particle is visible under my screen! Good Lord! Did that happened to someone else or am I the most unlucky GO buyer in the whole world?

5 REPLIES 5
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Dust under my Xperia Go screen!

It's sounds like you've just been unlucky as I haven't heard of this occurring with the Xperia Go. I'd recommend having the handset replaced by your retailer.

-

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

My first brand new active had a particle of dust under the screen on arival. Secpmd had vibrating attacks, now ive gone for a go with has SD problems (but this is software and not faulty like the actives).

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

dust_sonyxperiago_final.jpg

The retailer doesn't replace the phone. As they told me, they replace devices up to 7 days from the purchase and this period is over.They and Greek Sony Xperia support told me that I had to have my phone checked by a service company. But my question is this: how a problem like this can be repaired by a service company? Because it's not a malfunctioning problem but a problem of resistance to dust. Please help!

P.S.: I edited this message on August 6, in order to upload a photo of the dust particle. Today I 'll return the phone to the retailer, who is going to send it to the Sony service in Greece...

Message was edited by: vangelistsakirakis

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I don't know what the rules are in your country but in the UK. The contract is with the retailer for 6 months. Dust under screen is a fault aseven a non dustproof phone should have a sealed screen. If dust can get in, water can get in easy.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Today Sony Mobile Gr informed me that their support company examined my phone and decided that the whole front side (together with the screen) should be replaced. Because this would mean more delay, they decided that its better to have my phone replaced by my retailer with a new one. With no cost for me.