account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dust inside of camera lens

Learner
Message 81 of 107
Message 81 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

I had this problem 4 to 5 months ago and one thing i can tell you is that it definitely was dust. I can tell you this 4 sure because from the frustration I started droping the phone from aproximately 20 cm and the black dots changed shape and position. So I took it to a Vodafone Shop and the guys repaired it under the warranty. Don't know whether they kept something from the original phone, but when it came back it had a new shell,and new IMEI, so the motherboard at least is new...

One time poster
Message 82 of 107
Message 82 of 107

hi the one you suggested about black specs inside the camera did not work for me Slightly frowning Face.. everytime i switch the camera resolution to a lower one, black specs were gone. but if you switch it back to 12 megapixels, black specs shows up again!! what seemed to be wrong here??

One time poster
Message 83 of 107
Message 83 of 107

I have the exact same problem. The lens is full of dark spots with irregular shape and size. There is no other chance but dust because I can see the shapes of different grains. They also move around a bit. In my case there are around 30 dark spots on the lens.

I am very disappointed to the device. It is far inferior in all respects to similar products from samsung. The worst thing is the camera. It is pretty much useless because it is so slow. And now I've got sand in my "water and dust proof" phone. Frankly, the durability was the reason I bought the device. If I am able to, I will request full recompensation.

This device is only 6 months old. Such a headache.
One time poster
Message 84 of 107
Message 84 of 107

Hello everyone, just discovered that I have the same problem with my camera. Question: did your phones get replaced/repaired without charge?

Rookie
Message 85 of 107
Message 85 of 107

I have the same problem...the camera is useless now.
One time poster
Message 86 of 107
Message 86 of 107

I DO HAVE THE SAME DUST PROBLEM SINCE I UPDATED MY XPERIA Z WITH 4.3 JELLY BEAN.....

One time poster
Message 87 of 107
Message 87 of 107

Also me i have i think there is 6-9 black spots..
One time poster
Message 88 of 107
Message 88 of 107

Just noticed i have the same problem, black spots change when you change the resolution
Visitor
Message 89 of 107
Message 89 of 107

me too is facing the same problem.there is problem with 4.3 update.no useof submitting your phone to sony care because they will avoid you saying that your phone has void the warranty due to water damage.

Adviser
Message 90 of 107
Message 90 of 107

My Xperia Z is also 1 month old and today I was showing off to a friend of mine teling him how my photos are so sharp. So I hand over the phone to him and the first thing he says is "How come you've got a black dot in your pictures?" 

I hadn't even noticed the blurry dot! I looked at all my pictures and it seems it showed up 2 days ago. 

Gutted! I'll send it back to the Sony Authorised Dealer and see what they say. I hope they can fix it or better yet, get me another phone.

But then again; another phone will still have the potential to have the same issue. Maybe I can upgrade to the Z1