account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dust inside of camera lens

Talent
Message 91 of 107
Message 91 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

Same happened with me but i got my phone replaced with a new one with the help of Sony service centre and now its totally fine.
Visitor
Message 92 of 107
Message 92 of 107

Just wondering how you managed to get this problem rectified as both my wife and I have the same issue?
Visitor
Message 93 of 107
Message 93 of 107

I am having same problem with my sony xperia zl. Few black dots show up when I turn the camera on also stay on picture taken with camera. Now this 13 mp camera is useless to me.... :-(
Message 94 of 107
Message 94 of 107

Get the phone to a close service,they will fix it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 95 of 107
Message 95 of 107

i also have the same problem that happened yesterday.

i bought my xperia z last november and i dont know how to fix it. 

i tried to wipe the rear lens mirror with my cleaning cloth for my dslr cam but it wasnt successful at all.

this is just disappointing because the specs said its "dust proof" =(

Adviser
Message 96 of 107
Message 96 of 107

Got my XZ back after two weeks of sitting in some repair center's dusty basement and apparently all that was needed to fix the issue was ... a software update. LOL!

All in all, it actually fixed the issue. I was expecting more like replacing the camera or the sensor or w/e but if T-Mobile says all was needed to get it done was some software update, then who am I to question them Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 97 of 107
Message 97 of 107

i also got replaced my xperia zl but after 10 days new ones also got the black dots

One time poster
Message 98 of 107
Message 98 of 107

I also have this problem and i'm planning to let my phone be fixed coz I cannot use my back camera for taking photos coz it has somewhat "dust". My phone is already more than a year and got disappointed regarding this, though I love Sony so much. :'(

Please let me be updated regarding this problem.

One time poster
Message 99 of 107
Message 99 of 107

Hello, I also have the same problem as you all.

So is it a software or a hardware problem? Not sure if it's dust or there's something wrong with the camera software.  Slightly frowning Face

I'm gonna ask in the Sony Center about my problem, but could you please let me know what you think?

Here are some pictures so you can see:

DSC_5823.JPGDSC_5823.JPG

Visitor
Message 100 of 107
Message 100 of 107

I've had my phone nearly a year now and there are hundreds of tiny white/light grey particles stuck to the inside of the clear plastic disc covering the lens. It's gotten the point that every photo I take looks like I am standing in fog Slightly frowning Face