account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dust inside of camera lens

Message 61 of 107
Message 61 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

took mine to the service center on 27th of september. Luckily they were not dumb enough and recognized it as a hardware fault and told me I would get a replacement. Next day I called the service center to check if they had placed an order for replacement. They wouldn't pick up the phone. So I called the Toll-free number and asked the repair status, these guys told me that my phone was being repaired and would take a while as the part for it isn't available. After giving the service center people an earful, I was informed that I would be getting a replacement of the "motherboard" and not the "whole phone". It's been 8 days and the phone has been with me for a month only. Why am I not getting a replacement ? Supposedly, you can get a replacement for the full phone only if you realize there's some problem with it within a week of buying it. The are we ? testers for sony now ? Can't we just buy something and expect it to work ? 

Learner
Message 62 of 107
Message 62 of 107

Hi guys,

I've had similar symptons with the black dots on the images, are you sure it is not becuase of small scratches on the lens? As I clearly see marks on my lens or is this dust inside?

1276717_10151840306090638_1835532945_o.jpg

Learner
Message 63 of 107
Message 63 of 107

DSC_0126.jpg

My 4 months old Z probably have scored the most number of dust trapped inside the lens; this is ridculous !

One time poster
Message 64 of 107
Message 64 of 107

yeh it fix my problem. thank u XLR8RPM. after doing this all of my black dots r gone....thank u again 

Message 65 of 107
Message 65 of 107

what is taking so long ?

I have given my phone to the service center and they have told me that I'll be getting a replacement. Its been over 15 days now. What takes so long to get the customer a new phone ? Called up the toll-free line and the service center, both say that the replacement has been approved. 

Visitor
Message 66 of 107
Message 66 of 107

I have tried it on my Xperia ZL. Sadly it didn't work. Looks like i have to go to the Sony Centre to get this fixed.

One time poster
Message 67 of 107
Message 67 of 107

Mine is having a smiliar problem, but it seems to be slight different. The dust in behind the camera lense is visible from the outside. Also, it doesn't give these 'big' black dots, but it gives dark, blurry fields on the images.

Here are pictures of the dust:

P1010054 copy.jpg

P1010049 copy.jpg

P1010053 copy.jpg

Here are two pictures off the dust appearing on the images.

2013-10-14 16.20.53.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

For now it 'luckily' is just one spot. I'm scared there will be more spots coming soon though.

I have emailed Sony about this problem yesterday, but I haven't got anything back yet. 

Regular
Message 68 of 107
Message 68 of 107

I have this same issue on a UK model c6603 purchased in march this year.

After a month, the glass back cracked, I noticed this after it had been on charge one evening.  The handset gets very hot whilst charging!    I didn't drop it and am 100% certain it is a defect with the Z with the heat!

A few days later black spots on the camera screen.   

I sent i back to SBE repair ltd in Ashford Kent, who told me it was not covered under warranty!!!!   Not happy but ended up paying £75 repair charge just to get my phone back.   They charge you £10 even if you don't accept repair quotation.    My intention was to get phone back and sell it!    They also advised me before sending it me back that the issue with black dots had been recitified!  I got this in writing in an email! To my horror when I received phone back, it had a new glass back, but still dots on the camera! 

I emailed them and they apologies and told me to send it back again!!  But, although I wanted the issue resolving I cannot be without a phone, they had it for 10 days just to change glass!

Few months later and I am getting annoyed!!  It is really annoying the fact these black dots are on all my pics, I can photoshop the dots out but very time consuimg on all my pictures.

I contacted sony again today, but usual blurb...." send it back blah blah for repair and we will then tell you its not covered under warranty blah blah, you pay us some more money for our poor product...blah blah!

Learner
Message 69 of 107
Message 69 of 107

Local shop denied warranty service , no response from Sony.

I sold this piece of garbage at 60% loss , will never touch an Xperia again.

So much for a premium device retails at $700

Inhabitant
Message 70 of 107
Message 70 of 107

I am in same position with my lifted back plate on Z
Out of warranty, etc! They will pay for this, there is ways of law rights!that's why they will not sell in the USA, because they cannot say this words to americans: out of warranty Blabla. Our phones are perfect?? Don't buy Sony, tell goodbye to sony