account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Dust inside of camera lens

Demigod
Message 21 of 107
Message 21 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

it cannot be fixed. this is not a software issue.  they need to replace the camera module. send your phone back to the service centre

I do agree about these production issue. they need to look into it.

One time poster
Message 22 of 107
Message 22 of 107

same issue here. What is sony's official take on this issue?

here is mine

DSC_0172.jpgDSC_0169.jpg

One time poster
Message 23 of 107
Message 23 of 107

DSC_0784.jpgEven I have the same camera dust problem. I will go to the Sony Customer Centre tomorrow! Hope for the best.

One time poster
Message 24 of 107
Message 24 of 107

Yep same thing

IMG_20130608_212051.jpg

Apprentice
Message 25 of 107
Message 25 of 107

This is really SAD!!! only got this XZ 3months and camera got this issue, when turn to front camera, there is no dots, only rear facing camera has. hope Sony will rectify this issue soon, anyone of you sent and collected the phone?

DSC_9560.jpg

One time poster
Message 26 of 107
Message 26 of 107

I had a +Sony Xperia Z  bought from +Sony Mobile Philippines at SM Mall of Asia that is less than a month old. It has the black specks issue in its main camera. It is known over the internet that the issue is a manufacturing defect so it means it needs to be replaced. However, Rae told me that it will be replaced in 10 working days. I told them why it should take that long when the issue is known and replacement is the solution? I just then gave in to give them a leeway. Now 10 working days is over and about 2 weeks ago when I have the unit returned and the best they can tell me is that the 10 working days is for repair so I adamantly said that it must be faster because it is for replacement. Now they did not give me a time-frame. Worse the Job order number they gave is not searchable on their repair tracker at their website; saying that they have their OWN job order number that is not compatible for the tracker on their site.

For such mishandling, and mis-importance of its customers especially for their flagship product, what more can you expect if you buy something that is a more inferior model? Think twice before you buy a Sony Mobile product.

xperiaz.jpg

One time poster
Message 27 of 107
Message 27 of 107

They have told me have to wait 2-3 weeks for the new camera come arrive for the replacement...and i watied for 3 weeks already, still no calls from SONY support yet... I can't take it anymore...I had a SONY so call the flagship phone and suppose to be the best camera in the market...but I cant use it...i just can't take any picture, becasue it will has dots on my picture that I took....

I sold the Xperia Z already...don't want to use SONY anymore..I bought a LG Optimus G Pro...it is so awesome !

But I think "black dots" issue might be casused by the software, becauase i found out that if I use the camera function inside "Intagram" it has more dots....

SONY you are the best...this is hard to do.  None of your competitor can do such work !!!

This is the picture taken from the Intagram Camera...

IMG_20130623_115418.jpg

This is the picture taken from the orginal camera...

DSC_1258.jpg

Bye Bye SONY Mobile,

One time poster
Message 28 of 107
Message 28 of 107

I was having the same problem and even the same look of the dot (one), problem solved itself with some (little) help ;]

Wykryj język » Polish
Im aii,
Apprentice
Message 29 of 107
Message 29 of 107

After 7 days repair now I collected and the problem is solved, this is what Sony technician did to my Xperi Z.IMG_20130629_001612.jpg

One time poster
Message 30 of 107
Message 30 of 107

Thanks for sharing it! hopefully I'll get mine fixed!