account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Dust inside of camera lens

Learner
Message 11 of 107
Message 11 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

for the record, it is dust RESISTANT not dust PROOF.

IPcode 57:

5Dust protectedIngress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact
7Immersion up to 1 mIngress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 107
Message 12 of 107

Correct, it is marked and advertised as dust resistant. I don't know why do they decided not to cover the camera with glass as rest of the back, wired :/
It should be one piece of glass that covers ALL without exceptions. I hope they will fix it when designing Xperia Z 2. 

Genius
Message 13 of 107
Message 13 of 107

the focus wouldn't work

the camera module is brought into the assemby facility as a complete sealed unit made elseware

One time poster
Message 14 of 107
Message 14 of 107

Hey all...

ANd I just found out that my phone also has the same problem.

first there was only two of them so I actually didn't care much.

The outside is clean... And also when I Checked today, the numbers have increased.

Do let me know if anyone found a solution.

One time poster
Message 15 of 107
Message 15 of 107

Hey all...

ANd I just found out that my phone also has the same problem.

first there was only two of them so I actually didn't care much.

The outside is clean... And also when I Checked today, the numbers have increased.

Do let me know if anyone found a solution.

One time poster
Message 16 of 107
Message 16 of 107

Hi, Sorry no update for a bit i was working away so ive not had charnce to sned the phone back. it still has the same amount of dust in the lense, no more no less,

I will send it away to sony, going to be a pain not having my phone for 2 weeks or how ever long they take to blow a bit of dust out..

:smileymischief:

One time poster
Message 17 of 107
Message 17 of 107

I heve the same problem. I hoop the can fix it.1370124625662.jpg

One time poster
Message 18 of 107
Message 18 of 107

Hi All,    

I am having the same problem with my Z...I have three dots.    

I went to the Sony Support Center in Hong Kong Yesterday, they told me, it is a known issue within Sony Mobile and the dots are caused by software, only way to fix the problem..it is to replace the camera lens...but the lens is out of stock...waiting for the shipment, leads time 2-3 weeks.  so they will get back to me when the lens arrive for replacment !    

Not sure is it the same that you all heard ?    

Is it true, Sony known the issue ? if so they should be more serious and faster response to this problem...    

I am a died hard Sony fan..I use Arc, Xperia S, ION and now Z...everyone of it got problems...    

Sony, if you got this message, please act quick and improve your product quality !      

I am very close to switch to HTC One.

One time poster
Message 19 of 107
Message 19 of 107

Thanks for posting a message,

We need a reply from sony because this is affecting a lot of these xperia z phones. if this was a car it would of got a product recall by now.

One time poster
Message 20 of 107
Message 20 of 107

I hope Sony will soon come up with a good solution.the phone was expensive, and it is not a good advertisement for Sony.