account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Dust inside of camera lens

One time poster
Message 101 of 107
Message 101 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

I have the samme problem on my Xperia ZL. It is most likely dust on the camera sensor chip itself, as the dots always appear sharp and totally black. Cleaning the lens does not solve the problem. The only way to remove the dots is to take the phone apart and clean the sensor, alternatively shift it with a new. This should of course be done by the Sony Support Center.
One time poster
Message 102 of 107
Message 102 of 107

I have also this problem above same to my phone in camera have black dust... Sony could you solve this problem plssss...
Iz
Visitor
Message 103 of 107
Message 103 of 107

I know this solution removes the warranty of the phone but since I didn't have the patience to wait for the technicians to do a one minute job in two weeks or a month, I took the problem in my own hands. Since I've had my phone for more than a year, the warranty is probably gone anyway.

I googled "disassemble xperia z" and went by instructions. On Ebay I bought myself a new camera module and new adhesives for the battery cover.

Changing the camera module doesn't go very deep at all in the disassembly process. 

I don't think my phone is waterproof anymore. It's okay though, at least my 400 dollar camera works properly (which only cost me about 15 dollars on Ebay).

Sorry Sony, but an expensive device like the xperia z should not be this complicated or extended to fix when it's such a small problem. It doesn't even affect the basic call or texting functions.

One time poster
Message 104 of 107
Message 104 of 107

I've had my xperia z for over a year and a half and I notice dust under the lens about 2 months ago. I've however dropped mine about a dozen times and had it in water many times. The dust may be a reason for me to get a new phone and that its starting to decharge fairly quickly. The only phone I would replace it with would be another sony, I dislike iphones and windows phones and dislike the setup of samsungs, so sony is the best left for me.

One time poster
Message 105 of 107
Message 105 of 107

I have this wierd Thing in my camera lens can someone twll what it is?
One time poster
Message 106 of 107
Message 106 of 107

My Z3's lens looks like something out of star wars.. There is so much dust in it it has become unusable and Images from it are now washed out and unfocused with black splodges and dark spots...
Ive never dropped it and i keep it in my side pocket.. Its less than a year old. 

The only thing i can do it take it back and hope they can fix it i guess. I'm glad im not the only one though.

dustylens.png

One time poster
Message 107 of 107
Message 107 of 107

Hello friend! I had the exact same problem with my Z1 Compact. I had to order a new back plate and remove it by heating the sides up with a heat gun or blow dryer (not too much) and using a suction cup to pull the back plate off. You can still salvage the phone for 5 bucks. Go on ebay and pick up a new backplate. Make sure to clean the inside of the phone where the backplate will make contact. Place the new one on and make sure you make a tight seal using a heavy object pressed on the phone for at least 2 hours.

I didn't do it properly the first time so I ended up getting more crap on camera again. Goodluck!