account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dust inside of camera lens

Learner
Message 71 of 107
Message 71 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

The camera glass didn't have any issues but i've sent it off for repair becuase I still had black dots, I'll let you know what happens.

One time poster
Message 72 of 107
Message 72 of 107

Apprentice
Message 73 of 107
Message 73 of 107

Hi I recently bought Xperia ZL and it had same issue ,went to service center and I was informed that my phone will be replaced, and if you get the same reply from Sony SC don’t expect you phone before 15-20 days no matter what they say
Highlighted
Learner
Message 74 of 107
Message 74 of 107

really, that's pretty poor, mine says that it is with an engineer it took 1 week to arrive, i hope they send it back 1st class

Message 75 of 107
Message 75 of 107

Its not dust at all. If it is, it has to be almost microscopic in size (its a 1/3" sensor)n and on the sensor itself to be that sharp. The camera module is a sealed unit, so even if the back lifts, it will not reach the sensor.

My theory is the intence heat and sealed nature of the unit results in these pixels dying. Not to mention that the exmor RS is the world first stacked camera sensor. The circuitary is directly behind the sensor. (unlike previous models where it was on the side).

Poor quality testing on sonys part, but it is a new technology.

Visitor
Message 76 of 107
Message 76 of 107

They denied
Visitor
Message 77 of 107
Message 77 of 107

Yup same reply
One time poster
Message 78 of 107
Message 78 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens (2 phones same defect)

Dear Sony Corp.,

I have purchased 2 Sony Xperia Z phones on 21/07/2013 from Jarir Bookstore in Al-Khobar in Saudi Arabia, they have the serials 355666053186762 and 355666053127600.

I am actually surprised by the bad performance of both phones, one phone suffers from very long charging time of the battery, getting so hot during different times of usage and stalling, But the very astonishing defect that appeared in both phones although they are being used by different persons is that by using the camera, some black small dots appear on the screen, these dots appear after that as part of the photos. Cleaning the front of the camera did not make any difference. The dots appear in different patterns in both phones.

I used to trust Sony mobile a lot and recommend it to others but now, I am actually disappointed by the performance of this product.

I have checked Sony Mobile support forum and found that this a commonly repeated defect "Dust inside Camera lens" that needs your close attention.

I trust that your company would urgently solve this situation, as part of its customer satisfaction policy.

I am located now in Egypt, Sony Mobile agent (Delta) refuses to cover this defect and replace the phone.

Here you can find photos of the defect from the 2 phones.

Eng.Tarek Abdel Gawad

tgawad@gmail.com

Mob.: +201062883997

PHONE 2.jpg

PHONE 1.jpg

Learner
Message 79 of 107
Message 79 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens (2 phones same defect)

Hi everyone,

After 8 days with Sony, got my device back, in my case they replaced the front and back panels of the phone and the camera is spot free.

One time poster
Message 80 of 107
Message 80 of 107

Omg! I just noticed today while browsing my pictures, there is a small black dot.I thought it is just dust, I tried to wipe it off but when I opened my camera, the dot is still there. I don're know what's the cause of it but really, Sony disappointed me.I regret buying Xperia Z phone.