account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Dust inside of camera lens

One time poster
Message 1 of 107
Message 1 of 107

Dust inside of camera lens

Ahhhhhh,

I'm upset. noticed today that my 1 month old phone (xperia Z)

has 4/5 black marks dots or dust, in side of the rear camera lens, only visible when i open the camera. see image below on a white bit of paper.

its not on the outside as i have proper cleaned it,

Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

ive tried tapping it etc...Angry Face

i phoned sony support about an hour ago and they told me to restore the phone.... like that willl work Angry Face

Thanks..

Photo below is a pix of a white bit of paper I've put red rings around where the marks are

DSC_0005.jpg

106 REPLIES 106
One time poster
Message 2 of 107
Message 2 of 107

Re: Dust inside of camera lens

Guess i am the only unluckest person with this problem.

i have emailed sony and will update this with what they say, just in case somene gets tthis problem at a later date

One time poster
Message 3 of 107
Message 3 of 107

Its a bit funny, when they say the phone is dust prof... LOL

Veteran
Message 4 of 107
Message 4 of 107

You guys are making me scared Slightly frowning Face
I thought it is really dust prof...

One time poster
Message 5 of 107
Message 5 of 107

Little update.

Took the phone to vodafone store, and the bloke looked shocked andcould see what i was talking about,

There was a customer behind me that looked and said ''i was going to get that phone in june, i wont now''

I still havent hear back from sony... its becoming a nightmare now.

Vodafone did say they can send it back for me. guess i will do this next week

Genius
Message 6 of 107
Message 6 of 107

yes dust proof - the dust can't get in or .....out :smileygrin:

glad it's being sorted

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 107
Message 7 of 107

@ awinchy

Keep us updated.

You might better bring it directly to Sony Centre and see what they say whether it's covered by warranty.

One time poster
Message 8 of 107
Message 8 of 107

my 3 weeks old sony xperia zl is currently having the same problem. there's a little black at the screen when i open the camera and the speck will be visible on my images, i dont know if its dust or what. its frustrating because i have been taking good care of the phone, never dropped it (yet). i tried wiping/blowing the lens and shaking the phone but the damned black dot is still there.

One time poster
Message 9 of 107
Message 9 of 107

That's must be a problem when assembly XPIERA Z, no way that DUST can comes into CAM LENS.

Demigod
Message 10 of 107
Message 10 of 107

If you have taken photos from using normal camera your will know that those dots are not dusts on the lens. If there's dust on the lens, it will appear bigger and blured since they're not in focus.The dots on the pic is focus and sharp. A camera cannot focus anything thats too close. What more on the lens itself.

What you see in the pic is something else. Not sure what it is, but definately not dust. Most probably, it's the sensor iself. Like Ngat_Nguyen said, this is a production fault.