account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2

Hello!
In Slovenia I wanted to sell my phone. I have updated it about six months ago to 4.3 with Sony PC Companion. My customer wants me to downgrade it to factory version, which I think it was 4.2???

Is there a way to do this with Sony PC Companion?

Thank you very much
8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2

It's not possible to downgrade the phones software using PC Companion. But which software your phone was delivered with depends on when it was made so there not one single factory version.

The first software for Xperia M was Android 4.1 but i'm not sure why your customer would want it downgraded to that version?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@tadejkoball

If you have single sim then first version was 4.1. But if you have Dual sim, then first version was 4.2.
You can't downgrade using Sony PC Companion.
However, you can download .ftf file of Xperia M Dual sim, and flash it using Flashtool.

AG
Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

This is how

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/5934...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I have a Sony Xperia M dual (C2004). I updated it to Android 4.3, but I have had problems. Randomly, the speakerphone is activated by initiating a call and music stutters. Can I return it to the original version of Android?

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

That process already did , but problems persist. Is there a way to downgrade safely and without risk ?
Genius
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi @jeffrey83

Could you try boot your device on Safe mode and see if the issue persists:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

I hope can be useful.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

The problems persist booting in Safe Mode. Please, any another option?
Genius
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi @jeffrey83

Check this link on how to Flash Stock Firmware or .ftf File Manually:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2697277

I hope can be useful and I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas