account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Don't know whom to complain, Xperia Z screen defect and Sony in my country...

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Don't know whom to complain, Xperia Z screen defect and Sony in my country...

I bougth a Sony Xperia Z a month ago. After using it for 3 days, i realised it has a yellow tint at the bottom of the screen. When heat goes up, tint becomes more and more visible.

I looked up on the internet, and realised it was a common problem with some recent Sony phones, and people are getting it replaced if they sent it to service. Other Xperia Z users who commented on this forum, got their phones replaced in a few days, a week tops.

So i sent my phone, after using it for three days, to the service in its first week. I just wanted a replacement with no screen defect. Apparently that was too much to ask.

Now, after a month, Teleservice (Sony's official service in Turkey) is sending it back to me with this explanation: "we updated its firmware, it's all ok now!"

I called them many times, saying it is a common and known screen defect, therefore it can't be possibly repaired with a firmware update. Everyone is getting their handsets replaced in other countries, etc. Nothing! They were not  interested, and sometimes even rude to me.

I called Sony mobile Turkey, and Sony Eurasia and so on. Nobody was willing to help me. They told me if the problem continues, just send it back to stay in service another month, with the possibility to be returned after just another firmware update. They said they can't interfere with the Teleservice, and if Teleservice says phone is ok with firmware update, it must be! They even said that "No Sony Xperia Z has the yellow tint problem so far, therefore it's quite unlikely that my phone to have it!"

I am greatly disappointed by lack of service quality and work ethics of the repair service Sony works with (It's Teleservice), and i am even more disappointed with Sony's local branch by the lack of concern and absence of responsibility shown towards to a faulty product they produced and sold.

I'm literally grew up with sony products (mostly Japanese made tv and music electronics of 80's and 90's), and always thought of the brand with a respect for its quality.

Not anymore.

I'm going to apply Consumer Court of course, to get my money back at this point.

What else i can do? I didn't use my  brand new phone after 3 days with its screen defect, now am i supposed to use it with screen defect after not having it for 1 month, knowing i am taken for a fool by them?

Just wanted to tell this to you guys, to complain about Sony in Turkey and it's associates (Teleservice).

Maybe someone with the authority in the main company reads this and try to make things right.

Not about my case of course, but about in general service quality of Sony in Turkey.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Don't know whom to complain, Xperia Z screen defect and Sony in my country...

I'm sorry to hear. Please send me your details in a PM and I will forward this to responsible person for your market to have someone contact you about this.

Name:

Phone nr:

E-mail:

IMEI:

Work order nr:

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Don't know whom to complain, Xperia Z screen defect and Sony in my country...

Hello Johan, I bought Sony Xperia Tablet Z here in Bulgaria and I have no problems with it exept the display shows a barely visible yellow line (tint) on the bottom right side on the screen. I have no problem with the service provider. They will exchange it, but I read in blogs that it may be a glue from the manufacturing process and it shouwd go away over time. I have a 2 year warranty and it isn't a problem for me and I can't live 5 days without it Slightly smiling Face What will you advise me to do?

Demigod
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

You know that the yellow tint become famous due to the Xperia S last year right? Well, I still ahve the Xperia S with the yellow tint. The phone works just fine if you can live with it.

So what I'm tryng to say is, if you don't let it bother you, it wont. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello, 
My Name is Girish Ramkhelawon and i am from Mauritius. 

I faced the same issue ( YELLOW TINT ) on the upper left side of the screen on my xperia z3 which i purchased 6 months ago.
When sent back to repair last week, they got the screen changed. Those dead pixels went but a few yellowish dots ( on the store's spot itself ) came up.
I showed it to the owner and he said that it is a  meticulous problem that they have to look in depth. Now i am waiting for them to repair it and give me back.
How it is possible that with some level of heat the mobile's screen get damaged?s

Its really disappointing! We consumers, out of habit, keep on buying sony products : playstations, LCD tvs, headsets for its premium quality and when it comes to the mobile, it is a bad experience...  Better to move to apple..