account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does X Performance have a reset button?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Does X Performance have a reset button?

Does Xperia X Performance have a reset button similar to the red button next to SIM slot in Z series phones? I can't find anything like that and I can't restart my device using the power and volume up doesn't take any effect. My screen is frozen and doesn't react to any buttons but curiously the led flash is continuously on.

Any ideas what I could do? Removing the SIM card and pressing/holding power button, also with combination of volumue up and dwon keys didn't help.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does X Performance have a reset button?

@pioterus

Removing and re-inserting the SIM card should restart the phone, also the power & volume up for more than 10 seconds should restart it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you uliwooly, I tried both but to no avail. The flash is constantly on and didn't even blink when I attempted to restart the device.

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@pioterus

That's quite odd, what if you let the battery drain then > connect the phone to a wall charger > let it charge for 2 hours > repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Don't think any of the x range have a reset button, and my xa doesn't. I'm guessing now we'll have to use vol up and the power button till it vibrates three times.
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@uliwooly wrote:

@pioterus

That's quite odd, what if you let the battery drain then > connect the phone to a wall charger > let it charge for 2 hours > repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

I'll probably try that but I'm afraid just with the flash it might take days before the battery is fully drained :-/ It was at a level of at least 60% charge before it happened.

Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello. Press onoff button and wolume+, and wait vibration)