account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Dodgy photos after update.

Highlighted
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Dodgy photos after update.

Hi. It's a bit hard to explain this, but here goes.

When I try to view certain photos / pictures that have small detail or writing on them (like on memes on Facebook etc) then parts of the picture are distorted or have a static looking lines across them. At first I thought it could be the screen but the error within the picture moves with the picture as I move out up and down the screen. It sometimes disappears if I zoom right in.

I've reset my whole phone so I don't believe it's from an app. I believe it to have started since a recent update to 5.1.1. Which is also a reason for me wiping the system cache and factory reseting it.

Anyone else had this issue? Did you find a solution?
4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dodgy photos after update.

Hi,

So even if the photo is stored locally, you experience the same behaviour? If you for example save the image from Facebook? Does this happen in all apps or have you seen it in specific apps?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Hampus, thanks for the reply.

It appears to happen on all apps. It even is visible on the more detailed photo's in the thumbnail view in such as the Album app.

I have also noticed it does it sometimes on certain games, Pet rescue, but not all the time.

Yet when i zoom right in it disappears and it moves with the area as i roll up and down the screen.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Sounds strange. Does the same behaviour appear if you take a screenshot of a photo/image that you see this on? If yes, could you perhaps take a screenshot and post it here so I can see an example?

Otherwise, I suggest that you visit nearest service center to have the phone examined by a technician since you have tried a factory reset. You can contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Whilst viewing it on the phone yes, infact it looks worse. But when i view the picture on a PC after the screen shot it looks fine. So i'm guessing it something to do with the screen itself. I'm wondering if the is a loose connection or something.