account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Display Problems and other issue

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Display Problems and other issue

Hi,

I received my Sony Xperia V today from Hutchinson 3 Austria. What I first noticed is that the screen has some kind of a problem with bright  / white backgrounds:

- when there are bright or white backgrounds on the screen you see vertical lines. First I thought I have to clean the screen but then I realized that this light grey blurry lines are caused by the display itself. Is this a "problem", all Xperia V devices have? I could live with it if I know that it is not only mine.

- second, when I put brightness to the highest level and deactivate "auto adjustment" my phone still sometimes suddenly decreases brightnes. It's not a soft transition but within a second it jumps from real bright to about 25% lower... Bug?

- last but not least: my Xperia V clatters when it vibrates and that's annoying. Should not be, should it?

Hope that you can help me with my questions! ps: I did search the forum before but didn't find a solution / answer to these problems Winking Face

Best, Christian

1 REPLY 1
Master
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Display Problems and other issue

If you experience lines in the display I suggest that you have the phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local support for more information: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

When it comes to the brightness that randomly drops to low brightness might be related to the power management settings like "low battery mode". If you have that turned on it will lower the brightness when under a certain percentage.

The phone may clatter a bit when it vibrates or when you move it. This will be the moving parts of the camera (focus) that make the sound. But if you have a lot of clatter the service center should examine that too. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.