account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disconnect from mobile network...

One time poster
Message 201 of 206
Message 201 of 206

Re: Disconnect from mobile network...

Using .184 and same problem. After about half a day the phone starts switching between 3G/Edge and when in Edge mode there is no internet connection.

After about 24-48 hours it loses the reception completely - "Emergency calls only".

BTW the phone has been to warranty TWICE and last time the whole circuitry was replaced. So I've managed to use the phone about 1/3 of the time I've owned it.

One time poster
Message 202 of 206
Message 202 of 206

Concerning indre1 and BigKangoo:

The original problem I started this thread was that there was no connection to anything (not even emergency calls) and the phone had to be restarted. It is not concerned to 3G/Edge/HSPDA traffic, it was complete Network (no phone) breakdown. It Happened in WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA prefered mode.

One time poster
Message 203 of 206
Message 203 of 206

They'll look at this thread when it gets enough posts... 200 should be enough!

One time poster
Message 204 of 206
Message 204 of 206

Something new, but I consider it like a version of mobile network disconnection. Message appears:"Turn off Flight mode", while it never been turned on. Restart helps.

One time poster
Message 205 of 206
Message 205 of 206

This message never appeared for me, but maybe it is an alert from an application... As ICS seems to be on the way, we will have to look forward an see, I hope that the new kernel has better support for the chipset and issues like that are something which we can call "history"...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 206 of 206
Message 206 of 206

Hello. i just want to share what i'm experiencing right now. I'm from the Philippines, and my network provider is Globe Telecom. i

brought my xperia GO back 4 days ago, excited with such high regards on this phone. the phone was working all right just a couple of

hours ago, until i went inside to this shop with dead spot area. signal was fluctuating, but i had managed to send an sms. after that,

the signal dropped to none.  i rebooted my phone , detached/attached sim several times but to no avail.  i was actually wondering

whether by accident i switched off the signal considering that i was still in familiarizing phase since its new. i searched on the

internet trying to find out how to switch back network signal. finding nothing, i went back to my phone to test by transferrering sim

card to another phone, in order to determine which of the two, sim card or my xperia go had problem. it turns out that the sim card is

working fine w/ its network signal boosting to maximum.

so thats how i came to reach this page with a mortifying discovery. its very unfortunate that of all possible defects it would fall upon.

why on earth must it be in network signal. the very core and essence of a phone. i read earlier posts ,most of the people mentioned

the problem is caused by firmware, to those who updated their firmware to a higher version. mine is in 2.3.7 android version. i'll try to

remedy this problem first before returning to shop from where its purchased. its still covered under warranty, but i hate hassles that

come along w/ it. ill back read posts and hopefully to find a solution for fixing this. which reminds me, i tweaked the network mode

options.wondering if that has something to do with this.

EDIT: i just discovered that mine's a 184 firmware. and earlier today i changed the  network mode to WCDMA/GSM. hence probably what contributed on this occurence.