account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Difficulty waking up Z1 compact

Visitor
Message 11 of 29
Message 11 of 29

Re: Difficulty waking up Z1 compact

Simply rebooting my phone a couple of times fixed this issue for me, apologies for not replying earlier. 

There was some slowness in waking the phone up for a period yesterday, but it it took much less time than with the original problem. 

Adept
Message 12 of 29
Message 12 of 29

Hi guys,

I haven't encountered the problems described in the original post but the opposite, sometimes the screen switches/phone wakes up for no reason when it's on the table or in my car.

It's not a major problem but a little annoying as you believe you have received a text or something and reach for the phone....

Anyone had a similiar issue?

One time poster
Message 13 of 29
Message 13 of 29

same issue for me. batteries at 30%.

I had to hold the power and the volume up to reset it.

only had the phone a few days.

I don't really want to have to factory restore it... ive only just got it.

Should I return it as faulty?

Rookie
Message 14 of 29
Message 14 of 29

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with a french phone after 2 days. It takes sometimes about 10sec to wake up.

I'll try to reboot as I haven't done it yet.

Hoping I won't have to return it because I'm loving it :-)

Visitor
Message 15 of 29
Message 15 of 29

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I get the impression that it has to something with the memory. I can reproduce the  problem  if I open up Chrome, load a website with around 10MB of images and then start google maps. When google maps is active and on top and I press the power button to send the phone to sleep, I have to press it many many times to wake up the phone again.

Also the unlock screen seemed to lag from day one (when using the 4 digit pin).

@Sony: This is a very poor performance for a top performance phone. I will also conctact the customer support, this problem has to be fixed immediately!

Regards

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 29
Message 16 of 29

Can a Mod sticky this thread (as older with sony response)?

Mines better after a hard reset (power + vol up) after being live for just over a week, but isnt really acceptable. My old Xperia S experienced slow downs and laggy screen when waking up (icons took 4-5s to load) which got better with a power off, but thought a 1wk old 2014 phone would be a lot better

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Rookie
Message 17 of 29
Message 17 of 29

The problem has totality disappeared after my first soft reset without uninstalling anything.
Message 18 of 29
Message 18 of 29

I do not know if it will help you,but do you restart your phone regularly?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 19 of 29
Message 19 of 29

I stated in the message i hadnt restarted it since i recieved it, but only had it a week, so its far from clogged, though suppose it has had a lot of apps installed and a decent amount of use. Have now done so and it is working again with 0 lag on the wake up so a soft or hard restart would seem to cure for me, will let you know if it re-occurs

However its a little disapointing Sony/Android havent sorted this, other android phones with similar hardware dont seem so prone to these kind of issues, and iphones definatly less so.

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Message 20 of 29
Message 20 of 29

Iphones do not need restart because there is no actual charge for the RAM memory,simple interface with less customization that can be applied.But on android there is a difference.And I think that all phones on android need restarting regularly to work at their best.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.