account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Deformed photos

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Deformed photos

I happily bought my SP back in June 2013. But since then it shuts itself whenever it wants. And also, most important of all, it deforms the photos I take (Please check the examples I attached for those pictures). Consequently messages such as "Xperia home stopped, Camera stopped" etc. appear on the screen. 

I took it to the Teleservice twice but the problem is not solved at all, just became worse. I have to travel 80 km for the service by taking permission from work; plus it takes more or less 2 weeks for them to return the phone after so called repair. Could you please tell me what I suppose to do to have normally functioning Sony? Thank you for your time and understanding.DSC_0013.JPG or like that
Screenshot_2014-03-29-09-26-16.png

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Deformed photos

Sorry to hear that but you will have to contact Sony directly

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I guees my problem is quite unique.. Thank you anyway.

"Kill not the moth nor butterfly."  Blake

ogu
Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi, Melt

The problem might be related to your SD card. Try ejecting it and saving pictures to internal memory. But the thing is the photos you view that you didn't take yourself are corrupted as well. So it might be a hardware issue. What did the service do? (My guess they re-installed the firmware and sent it back)

Did you use Xperia Diagnostics app? It tests the cam there. Altough it is not through it might give you an idea.

You can try things like factory reset or re-installing software yourself with PCC or SUS. If that doesn't help go to that link uliwooly posted and call Sony, they take care of you better that way. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hiya, 
Thank you for your suggestions Slightly smiling Face
I do not save the photos to the SD card but to the internal memory directly.

And, yes, not only the photos I take (ie. the 1st pic. I attached) but the ones I view (the 2nd pic.) are deformed as well.
I re-installed the software through PC twice. That didn't work.
I used my phone with factory settings. That didn't work either.
The service installed the firmware in two different occasions with no positive result.. They appear quite slow and useless.

The problem is not only the photos; the phone shuts itself up to 10 times a day. Plus constantly stops the features I use, for example, clock, contacts, calendar, messaging and others. My screen is filled with popping up messages such as 'Unfortunately, Xperia Home stooped / IU stopped / Chrome stopped / Clock Stopped" etc.

I have contacted Sony; I am awaiting for a reply and hopefully, I proper solution; after all Sony is a respectable company..
Thank you for your help though Slightly smiling Face 

Highlighted
ogu
Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

You are welcome, wish I could have been more help. I hope you hear from Sony soon. 

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. If I take a photo and either save them to internal or SD card part of the photo disappears or it turns out blurry. I've also done a diagnostic on the phone even though it says it's fine when I know it's not. In a way I wish I never got the phone as it's one problem after another with it.