account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dead smartwatch 2

Rookie
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Dead smartwatch 2

My smartwatch 2 turned off and totally dead. I tried to charge it and no response. I tried all of the workarounds provided by Sony support and nothing worked. Updating the software didn't work because Windows doesn't recognize it.
Any idea or suggestion here?
29 REPLIES 29
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: Dead schismatic 2

Sorry to hear about your SmartWatch 2.

Try holding the on/off button for 10 seconds and then release the button and press it again and see if it starts. If the battery has been completely drained you may also need to charge it for a few hours before you can start it.

If that doesn't help i recommend that you contact a service location or local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) for assistance with having it repaired/replaced.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

Re: Dead smartwatch 2

I have the same problem as his and nothing is working - including all the tricks mentioned by the moderator aren't working - and Windows does not even recognize the device, which is frustrating - WHERE ARE THE WINDOWS DRIVERS for the Smartwatch 2?!?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

Have you tried post 1 here plus the only driver are the flashmode drivers which are used for repairs of the firmware as per post one listed in the provided link

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

I have the same problem to. Now my SmartWatch 2 is totally dead.
One time poster
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

@Thommo wrote:

Have you tried post 1 here plus the only driver are the flashmode drivers which are used for repairs of the firmware as per post one listed in the provided link

thanks my watch is dead now after i try the tutorial..

Regular
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

That does not help at all, we need them USB drivers for the SW2, surely that is not too much to ask of Sony. There is a fault with the update and we NEED the drivers for windows.

Regular
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

Seems like only the easy questions get answered...... Sony should give out the USB drivers and let us try to fix the problem....

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

The drivers needed for updating/reinstalling the firmware in SW2 are included in the installation of Update Service. Try updating the watch using another PC and see it that helps but if not you need to contact a service location or local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) for assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

Rickard, thanks, I have tried 5 differing PC, with three differing OS's with no luck.. just tried againd with a W8 pc which says if there is a problem pls re-install the software which continually fails... Surely there is a seperate driver package??