account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Data Usage Not Showing Correct Info

Commissioner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Data Usage Not Showing Correct Info

Guys, need some help with this.. My data usage meter is not showing the right information.. This is critical for me because I am using a monthly limited data usage subscription and any excess is charged to my prepaid account.. Sorry,i am not postpaid and I don't entertain suggestions to go postpaid. :p

Any help?

Screenshot_2013-12-22-16-01-00.png

Thanks,

Eljun 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Data Usage Not Showing Correct Info

After the picture will be visible,I will try to help.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Isn't the picture available already? Then that's another problem..
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

It must be accepted by a moderator,that is all.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I see,
Basically, my problem is that the summary ks not showing the right info.. It says usage is about, for example, 30mb, but below, Facebook haz already consumed 31mb, plus ymail has 10mb, plus others, it is just not right.. Why??
That explains my problem in general, and it isn't helping my current planned subscription..
please advise..
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

But you can set the graph to warn you when it has reached a specific number.Also,be careful to select the period in which you are counting your data usage,try to move the graph vertical lines to cover the specific period.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks alexdon.
You are right,I can set a limit manually but how can it warn me correctly if it is not showing\ giving the correct closest estimate..
I mean come on, 30mb on fb, 20mb on ymail, others, then add it up to "just about 31mb"? It's just not right.. My point is, the data is NOT CORRECT..
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

You need to know that on my phone it is the same thing,I have Xperia P.It tells me the browser used 40 MB,but the traffic is only 21.I think the applications appear to have consumed more,but it may be a recycle there of the MB.And the actual consuming from your planned subscription is that showed above the apps.Also,you know how much MB you can consume from your subscription,so you can set the limit according to that.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Not exactly the answer that I am hoping but thanks for the help.. What exactly do you mean by recycle and why is it different from the summary..
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I think a browser for example does not always load new data,sometimes it reloads old one.That is why I think it does not take from your subscription,it reloads previous data.