account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

DK48 Charging Dock adapters

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

DK48 Charging Dock adapters

I have 2 DK48 charging docks (home + work/travel) I have recently bought the SCR24 Case which comes with an R24 adapter and I need to get hold of a second one for my other charging dock. Any suggestions? Is there a Sony spares department anywhere.

Tom

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: DK48 Charging Dock adapters

Hi,

As far as I know, these adapters are not sold as separately spare parts. I suggest that you contact your local support team to get further information if it's possible to purchase them as spare parts:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Will i have issue with my phone if i use dk48 connected to a PC?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @alex1atd,

Your phone does not charge if you plug the charger cable into the USB port of a computer, you need to connect it via the wall socket.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Strange, but i connected the phone on the pc via dk48 and charge.....

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Well, it can work but it depends on the OS of the computer. In general, a USB-port does not supply power if it cannot recognize what unit that is connected.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I use windows 7. So, if my pc charge the phone it will not damage it, right?

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

No, this should not harm your device.