account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

DISPLAY IS NOT COMING EVERY TIME WHEN POWER BUTTON PRESSED OR WHEN INCOMING CALL IS COMING

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

DISPLAY IS NOT COMING EVERY TIME WHEN POWER BUTTON PRESSED OR WHEN INCOMING CALL IS COMING

Hi!

Before a few days I updated my Xperia SP to build number 12.0.A.2.254 from 12.0.A.2.250 but after that a problem started. When i press the power button the screen backlight glows but display is not coming, same for an incoming call, when phone rings the backlight glows but no display is coming, in this case I need to press the power button in order to get the display back. It is not happenning frequently, it is a very rare problem for me. I have done a software reset and phone repair using pc companion but no change.

This issue just ruins the useablity of the smartphone, so I need a quick help.

Please help me to sort this out. May I please know that when the issue is going tobe sorted out?

Thanks & regards,

Anirban Ghosh
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: DISPLAY IS NOT COMING EVERY TIME WHEN POWER BUTTON PRESSED OR WHEN INCOMING CALL IS COMING

Take it to a Sony repair center 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: DISPLAY IS NOT COMING EVERY TIME WHEN POWER BUTTON PRESSED OR WHEN INCOMING CALL IS COMING

for a this kind of very minor issue I dont want to disturb it... never. it started after last update, so it can never be a hardware issue.

Anirban Ghosh
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Having the same problem I tried factory reset to get 12.0.A.2.250 back but it wouldn't so I lost all my email addresses and apps for nothing iv been a Sony and Sony ericsson fan most of my home electricals are Sony nearly £300 to realize Sony aren't all that sad