account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

D6633 Front screen cracked.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

D6633 Front screen cracked.

I managed to crack the front screen of my phone and just phoned the UK Xperia™ support on

03705 237 237 option 1 (for Mobile Devices) - option 1  (Three.co.uk)  and been told that no estimates over the phone .....

03705 237 237 option 1 (for Mobile Devices) - option 2  (Other UK operators)  and been told that no estimates over the phone, not a UK phone can send in, will have to pay 20.54 GBP fee plus cost of repair if it can be repaired .....but its Sony repair center not a 3rd party.

On Xperia Care I can raise order, but I am bit concern that they can pull the rapair cost out of the hat especially that the phone is imported from HKG and it's not warranty repair and this statement on their website:

Note: If the damage to your device is not covered by warranty, we will send you a quotation for the repair cost. If you choose to not accept our quotation, we can either return your device at the cost of 20.54 GBP or recycle it for free.

Where a quotation to fix your device has been refused by you, and the device is held unrepaired for more than 90 days of the quotation date and you have not requested the device back from us and/or not paid delivery charges for its return, you agree for Sony Mobile to dispose of the device in an environmentally friendly way.

Does anyone know if the import from HKG can be repaird in UK?

What would be the estimated price to change front screen?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: D6633 Front screen cracked.

Yes but not under warranty, they will only give quote once an assessment is made unfortunately.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I do understand that as it is my fault the repair will not be done under warranty.

But:

1] will the UK center reapair phone that is import from HKG?

2] what's the total "estimated" cost of replacement of the front screen on Z3 Dual?

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

On both counts, I can not say for sure.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi 1bit,

You really need to ask Sony Mobile within the UK, only they can advise if this device can be repaired if it is International Stock, every country has its own rules and regulations based on localised law.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Jake-Sony.......

THe hing is that I have phoned Sony UK, but the first line support as usual knows nothing.

I hate iPhone, but their service from what I have seen/experienced on scale 1 to 10 is {1}

Sony service on same scale is {10} from reading on this formu and my personal experience.

How simple would it be to give me an idea of what it would cost to for the screen/digitizer to be replaced?

How easy would be to to say that NO we would not be able to repair the screen/digitizer as its HKG import?

Rather then ask me to send it in, then me paying them 20 quid to get the phone back!

Even better why don't they sell dual SIM phones in UK? Yes I know, no one wants them woould be the answer or is it something else?!