account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Customization number

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Customization number

Hey guys. So, It seems like my Xperia Z3 has the firmware from the Customized ES version. However, atm I'm using it as Vodafone PT, so I wanted to change the customization number from the Customized ES (1288-8882) to the one from Vodafone PT (1289-4163). Is there a way to change it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Customization number

Yes but you need to root your device and use an app called build.prop editor however the easiest way would be to download the firmware and manually flash your device

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Can you tell me the best way to root my phone? 

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Why do you want to change the number? if it's so you'll get updates then it won't work as your phone will be seen as modified - The easiest way is manually flash your phone

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman