account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Creaking noise coming from top of screen when presseD

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Creaking noise coming from top of screen when presseD

Hi all,

After receving a replacement phone from Sony I have noticed that when I press on the top left of the black border of the screen a creaking noise is made when pushed; seems as the screen is pushing back on the back panel. I never had this problem with my previous z3+.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thank you for all your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony Xperia Z3 Plus Earphone Jack Loose

Hi,

I purchased my Z3 Plus Black Model a few weeks ago, however, I have noticed that the earphone jack is loose. Whenever I insert a headphone jack into them it wobbles, I had the same problem with my previous Z3 which was later replaced. My previous Z3 was not recognising some headphones but all of them are registered with my phone so no fault.

Just wondered if this is a known fault as I had a discussion with Sony Xperia Care UK who advised that a few customers were experiencing the same issue but it was not a  fault.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem as me?

Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Plus Earphone Jack Loose

@Third

You should stay in touch with your Local support as this is a user based forum and your issue it's hardware/warranty related. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Sony Xperia Z3 Plus - Light Leak from Top of Bezel

Hi,

I have noticed that there is a light leak from the top of the bezel when the screen brightness is around 50% and lower. This light leak is much lighter than the rest of the display and when the phone is in the raised position then you are able to see the light more.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this and if Sony are currently resolving this. I have recently recevied a replacement for a previous generation Z3 and am still noticing many problems, I feel as I've been let down by the design of Sony.

Thank you

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Plus - Light Leak from Top of Bezel

@Third

You should contact your Local support to get it inspected.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Creaking noise coming from top of screen when presseD

@Third

Just like on your 2 prior posts (which I'll merge here), contact your Local support