account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cracked screen

One time poster
Message 241 of 262
Message 241 of 262

Re: Sony will repair self crack screen

Im so annoyed, my phone screen has broke also. This is the third time my screen has broke. the first time was kind of my fault. was placed down a bit hard. but not enough to break the screen. the second and third time was complete it owns fault, was in my jacket on a hanger. when i come to it. it was cracked everywhere. always been a sony fan. but after this. never touching a sony device again. the prices you pay, and for thes faults to happen. i use my phone for work basis and now im left without a phone and a very large bill to pay for a new screen. thinking about not getting it fixed and getting another branded device!!

One time poster
Message 242 of 262
Message 242 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

My z2 screen cracked itself also and they wanted 260 to repair it! Ended up being sent out a refurbished one for 140 how does that work?
Visitor
Message 243 of 262
Message 243 of 262

That is Sony, i think, if you have the Product, the good Service is Gone. I had the Same issue, cracked display. After some Calls, emails, no results, or Kompromis. That is Sony, yeah. I think, That happens, if they outsource the repair support, and the experiance of this Company is sooo good, that theycan say: it is not possible to crack a display, without any external influence. That ist perfect Analysis. Tensions, tolerances, and Temperatur differences by Heating up by Charging are absolute not possible. Maybe sony Designer can give us an answer. Some Displays, ok. But so much Displays, i think, that can not be an accident
Rookie
Message 244 of 262
Message 244 of 262

Hi I have an doubt that I wanna replace my mobile because my mobile battery bulged....I want exact info about it that sony will replace my mobile without taking any cost?
One time poster
Message 245 of 262
Message 245 of 262

Even the same thing happen with me, first time, I thought that it was my mistake because of that screen got broken, but this time, I was calledup one of my friend and after putting the call, I have seen that..my screen was broken...there are cracked. even half of the screen, touch is not working.

This phone is just the **bleep**...to invest your hardearnest money.

One time poster
Message 246 of 262
Message 246 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

I have the same experience with my Xperia Z2,
What should i do for replacing the same??

Because Sony care takes so much long time for the same.

One time poster
Message 247 of 262
Message 247 of 262

Phone not working

Dear Sir, 

I have a 9 month old phone which got turned off suddenly and is not powering on. I have tried the sudden death recovery options and charged it for over 8 hrs but still the battery is not getting charged and the phone is just a piece of dead weight with me. Please help me in servicing the phone. I currently reside at Tampa, Florida, USA.

One time poster
Message 248 of 262
Message 248 of 262

So you get any help from sony was they repaire your phone for free or they charge you for repairing your phone because I am also suffering from same problem
One time poster
Message 249 of 262
Message 249 of 262

My husband and I both have Z2s. I'm fairly clumsy so, I've dropped mine quite a few times, screens fine.

My husband was talking to me on his, and his phone's back was cracking as he was speaking. I could hear it through the phone. He hadn't dropped it, or had it in his pocket, it was completely spontaneous. I saw it a few hours later after work and it was completely shattered, with no pieces missing.

My first thought was that the battery overheated and expanded or something. While he was talking to me, he was saying that I was cracking up as well, which may have been from some sort of feedback from the circuit boards heating up. However, he said it didn't feel any warmer than normal.

We took it the bell store we got it from, they looked at it and said that it was really weird because there was no impact point. They took a while carefully looking over it, in the ports and so on, and they determined that there was no physical or liquid damage.

We've sent it in now to have it repaired, but after reading this I'm just hoping they don't call back and say its not covered. I'll post with updates.
One time poster
Message 250 of 262
Message 250 of 262

The same thing happen 2 my phone .... what can i do 2 get it fixed