account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cracked screen

Message 231 of 262
Message 231 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

My advice to you would be to visit the Sony Service Centre in person and firmly, but politely, ask them if they could insert a broom in your anus, after they have f*cked you, so you may sweep the floor on your way out.
One time poster
Message 232 of 262
Message 232 of 262

Re: Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

i bought a Xperia Z2 about 2,5 months ago. 2 weeks ago its' screen self-cracked suddenly. It wasn't charging, there was no weight or something like that over it. It was just laying on my desk and I noticed that it was cracked when I took it from the desk. Unfortunately its' screen's lower part was not working and i had to return back to my samsung note (which was cracked by falling down from 1 meter height - still working though its' all screen is cracked). 

I began searching about this event and I notice new info day by day at my searches. And unfortunately I also noticed that SONY doesn't care about the complaints about this issue. I am sure that the local distributor in Turkey will also won't care about the problem. 

I am a fan of SONY products... My family's first color TV was SONY. We bought another one later on: A SONY. My first walkman was SONY. My first music system was SONY, the second one (which I had to search for it in Turkey) was a SONY home theater system. I was using samsung note n-7000 and was very glad with samsung. I preferred buying a SONY cell. phone instead of repairing the one I owned or upgrading it with another samsung note version.

After experiencing this problem, I noticed that SONY is not caring about this issue (which everybody believes that, it is because of a poor design). They are refusing to accept the problem and the owners like me are suffering because of it. 

In short: I will try to fix the screen at the service of the local distributor. I don't want to pay a cent for it. And if I pay a cent for it, I will get it repaired in another service and sell my phone to someone else. And later on, I won't be buying any SONY product in all my life (I am 41 and probably will be buying a lot of electronic products in the following decades). 

I will try to stop people buy any other SONY products in all markets, eventhough I am a fan of SONY (as I mentioned before).

SONY directors must notice that marketing is not only selling. TOYOTA and HONDA experienced similar problems in the past. They took back all the cars which may have a problem). I don't believe that SONY is a smaller company. And I hope that SONY directors is aware of this also. 

(excuse my english if I used wrong words or misstyped words)

Learner
Message 233 of 262
Message 233 of 262

That happened to mine too, but the crack goes diagonally from the flash to the right corner below.
What did you do? Did Sony pay for the repair work?

Message 234 of 262
Message 234 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

I have just cracked the front screen on my Z2 and yes it was my fault tight jeans back pocket pretty dumb, but the back screen has been broken for some time with no exlaination for

@dm841 wrote:

@dpzOnline that cracked screen is not a self cracking screen accident and how weird you had a scamsung s5 about to take the picture or your cracked z2 . like i said most people reporting this are trolls or just paid to make sony look bad 

Commissioner
Message 235 of 262
Message 235 of 262

Tempered glass is still glass and glass breaks. There are 2 weakness to tempered glass - corners of the panel and impurities. It is vital that the 4 corners of your tempered glass is well protected to limit damage to the glass. There is nothing you can do if you get impurities within the glass that may cause it to crack. No mobile manufacturer can guarantee you that yoir tempered glass won't break and most won't repair it for free. I know someone who drop his iPhone 6+ was quoted to pay half price of the new phone to replace a broken panel. That's why I have slapped the front and back of my Z2 with another layer of tempered glass each and strengthen the rim with metal casing. It add weight, but at least there is some protection.
Rookie
Message 236 of 262
Message 236 of 262

Re: Sony will repair self crack screen

Hi,

This is natarajan. Me too a customer was using xperia Z2 now it is in dustbin after just 4 months.

The screen is not capable to sustain small hits. First time it fall down from my printer just 3/4 feet from table. The glass cracked like anything.

Checked with sony they simply said physical damage never cover under warrenty. Hey Sony your product is not in the quality for 40,000/- indian rupees. 

Even a phone for 7,000/- is good how could we accept that.

I replaced the screen in my own cost. In another two days the screen got damaged. The phone was just kept into my jeans packet. 

Sony Xperia mobiles are worst phone never seen it.  This is stright forward money thefting. If not resolved Sony have to face lot of issues in India.

Never send the same message just copy and paste for any query.

Dont make fool Indian customers.

Natarajan

Commissioner
Message 237 of 262
Message 237 of 262

No phone manufacturer would guarantee you phone screen won't crack and won't charge you to repair/replace your crack screen.
Rookie
Message 238 of 262
Message 238 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

I am in pathetic situation with same issue. I frastrated with low quality display.

Natarajan

One time poster
Message 239 of 262
Message 239 of 262

Mine also! Fell from the bed, cracked and touch doesn't work! Worst cellphone resistance ever. 

Note: That's the second one! The first one stopped working after its first shower and Sony gave me a new one, now that!

One time poster
Message 240 of 262
Message 240 of 262

Screen Replacement

I have a cracked xperia z2 tab screen where in Nigeria can i get a replacement?